Website Bug

Vektro

I dont know if this only happens in Chrome, but i cant seem to be logged in in every page.

Specifically:

When i enter the frontpage stencyl.com, i am not logged in, but if i click the Forums section im automatically logged in. If i visit somebodys profile after that, im again not logged in and i have to log in again.

Is this a known bug?
Above all, try something.

Hectate

I believe that there is a slight disconnect between the forum software and the rest of Stencyl.com. If you log in once under Stencyl.com you should then be logged in anywhere else (such as viewing your profile or playing a game) - but separately from the forums.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

djip123

I believe that there is a slight disconnect between the forum software and the rest of Stencyl.com. If you log in once under Stencyl.com you should then be logged in anywhere else (such as viewing your profile or playing a game) - but separately from the forums.
You don't have to believe, it is working like you say, the forum and (other website parts) are 2 different login sessions.
Its a bit weird that it works like this, because if you know a bit of PHP you could easy modify the website so that you only had to login once. You just have to set a session or make a cookie, then edit the forum's session for, to the one there also are made for the other website part. ^^
Go check out my website: http://gamecow.net

Vektro

What's also weird is that the forum's login persists, meaning everytime i visit the forum i dont have to relog however the mainpage requires you to relog everytime you visit it.

It's not much of an inconvinience, just thought i'd report it.
Above all, try something.

djip123

What's also weird is that the forum's login persists, meaning everytime i visit the forum i dont have to relog however the mainpage requires you to relog everytime you visit it.

It's not much of an inconvinience, just thought i'd report it.
Thats because of the session i say, it depends on how long the sessions is set, i believe for the forum its set as 10915901 or something long, so you will never logout normally, anf for website, its something like a day.
Go check out my website: http://gamecow.net

Chibicat

I have the same thing but a little different. No matter what I do it will not allow me to log in the forums with Google Chrome (most up to date version " 24.0.1312.52 m"), I have to go into *shudders* Internet Explorer to log in. Everywhere else is fine but everytime I try to log into or go into the forums it won't show me logged in.

I even tried going through my Forum Profile and it shows:

An Error Has Occurred!
The user whose profile you are trying to view does not exist.

Sorry if this is a late reply but the topic is on the first page *shrugs*