Banana Smash - My first game on iTunes

svintaj

This small iOS game was created with Stencyl and it's a collab between me and MrDumle.
I'm so happy that it's finally out today, and a free version will come later. Big thanks to MrDumle and the brains behind Stencyl for making this possible!

https://itunes.apple.com/ua/app/banana-smash/id594153366?mt=8

/ Svante

andyclark

Congratulations!  I did not buy the game but I looked at the link.  It is really something to make a game and get it on i-tunes... It takes a lot of motivation and creativity.  Great Job !

svintaj

Thanks, yes it's really an amazing feeling to finally see it there in the shop!  8) I'll post a link to the free version when it's done.  :)

andyclark

How was the process getting it on i-tunes?  I understand you need $99 to start, no big deal.  How about copyright and game content issues?  Is there an approval process for the Game?  Did U pick the price?  One thought to enhance your profitability...if they allow it... make several different versions of the same game with different "Art", call it different names, and sell it for various prices to different audiences.  Changing the sprites and maybe a few scene details takes almost no time.  There is a cable channel called Comedy Central and they do that...they made about 10 billion shows that all started with Family Guy (or wherever it all came from).  They cloned it into another show called American Dad and a few others.  If it is good enuf for Hollywood, it must be good enuf for Gamz imho. :)

svintaj

It was pretty straight forward to put it up on iTunes. The hardest part for me was to have all provisioningprofiles and certificates working as they should to only be able to build and test the game at first. It was quite confusing, Apple could have done that process much easier.  :o
I'm on PC and that made everything a bit harder, but a friend helped me with some critical Mac-specific parts.

They (iTunes) said nothing about the content and I wasn't worried because all content is our own original content. I pick the price and I think you are totally free to set what ever price you think is best. Thanks for the idéa I may do so in the future, I'm absolutly shure they would allow that, it's good for them as well, they keep ~35% of the revenue.