Stencyl 3.0 Beta Changelog

Dom818

OK, I have seen enough people in the 3.0 discussion forums asking for some information of what is being done in the beta. To end all of these questions, I will make an attempt to sync the 3.0 Beta changelog with this post. I hope this shows that work is continuing to be done on 3.0.

Click Here to View the Changelog

I have updated the link to take the changelog off my site (had some issues). It is now hosted off of Google Drive.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:00:35 am by Dom818 »

Crossland88

Thanks for the update  8)
Making questionable quality games since HyperCard

Roadcat

Well done on the initiative Dom. This might cut down on people asking what is happening (at least twice a week) on the 3.0 thread!  :)

Dom818

Well done on the initiative Dom. This might cut down on people asking what is happening (at least twice a week) on the 3.0 thread!  :)

That was what I was hoping for. :)

Photics

- [Fix] Full screen (web/desktop) mouse input can sometimes be incorrect

Cool!  8)

It seems like Full Screen HTML5 games are possible.

Also cool: this thread!  8)
Michael Garofalohttp://photics.com – Author of The Interactive Stencyl Textbook 8)

captaincomic

I'm sorry to tell you: web/desktop actually means Flash/desktop in this case. At the moment Full Screen mode is only available for Flash and Desktop.

xandramas

well this answers my question, "Are they working on 3.0 or not?!"
Check my profile to test my games in development.
Asterite Saga: http://www.facebook.com/XGameLabs
Next Game in development.

Spiderguts

This is great Dom, thanks for posting/updating. It only goes back to Dec though; do you know offhand if those two animation gotchas indicated in Stencylpedia have been fixed:

1. "The actor magically jumps to a slightly off-center location when you switch animations."
2. "The actor's collisions mess up because the new animation has the collision bounds located in a different part of the animation."

Stencylpedia says they're slated to be fixed in 2.5, so hopefully they make it into 3.0. These two issues are our last major barriers to making a definitive decision on whether or not we'll use Stencyl for our animation-heavy iOs project.

Dom818

The real Changelog goes back even farther but it was really long and might exceed the post size limit (I think there is one because Jon split up his Changelog in the beta forums).

As for the animation issues, I remember number 2 being brought up in the beta forums. I'm not quite sure if it was ever resolved, though. I have never experienced 1 before but I am not sure it it was officially fixed.

Jon

This isn't as convenient, but you can work around the length problem by hosting the log in a text file and providing a link to that.

Dom818

This isn't as convenient, but you can work around the length problem by hosting the log in a text file and providing a link to that.

I will host the full changelog on my website when I get home. I agree that this is getting quite long.

Dom818

I have changed the way I display the changelog to everyone to make this post shorter. It is now a text file on my website. Just click the link in the original post.

baguette

Just finished reading through all this, seems like a hell of a lot of work has gone into v3! ;)

I wonder, are you able to elaborate any further on this sentence, appearing just beneath Jan 5 2013's updates:

(Cleaning house. Working on Renewals system and "deal")

Assuming this is indeed related to purchasing, 'renewals' speaks for itself - but I wonder what this "deal" may imply...?

Dom818

The deal is a special offer for any subscriber with access to the 3.0 beta. I cannot elaborate on this due to the NDA.