The Little Who

AlexKershaw

Ah cool. :D be interesting to see once its done. Out of interest, how long did little who and tofu sit on fgl before being picked up? Got a game on there a month now, and my next game almost done. :)

Tofu got its first bid ($300 I believe) within the first few days and then went up from there (10 bids total). The Little Who got bids almost as soon as I put it public (definitely within a few hours) and sparked a bidding war in the first day, then slowed down in the following weeks as more sponsors dropped out (21 bids total).

I did create another game with Stencyl before tofu that sits on fgl to this day (months now) without any bids - it wasn't a very good-looking game so I'm not really surprised... Most sponsors will only look at the game for a couple of minutes so make the start of the game look impressive, like with The Little Who we put the intro, voice actor etc!

spoogob

Ah right. Im on fgl, so I just looked you up and am 'following' you now. :) Had a look at that old game you mentioned and i guess i can understand what you mean, although it wasn't too bad.

My first game got quite a few sponsor views, i think 5 tracking at one point, but nothing came of it after 2 months so i released it. My second game again had trackers, but did nothing. Both these games i ended up adding ads and publishing. My third game has been on about 4 weeks now, many many sponsor views, quite a few big sites playing it for 10-25 minutes- but as yet, no bids or anything. Im still hopefull though. My latest game is in a similar state to yours, needs polish and final things doing, but its fairly close - and a fairly unique idea that i hope gets attention. thanks for the replies anyhow, sorry for part-hijacking your game thread to talk about fgl :D lol

dtrungle

Very cool game, I wish I was as productive as you. :'(

Thanks for sharing your fgl experiences btw.

ridhwaan08

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

AlexKershaw

5hippos sitelock sold:

http://www.5hippos.com/puzzle-games/play-the-little-who

congrats btw how much did you get for the 5hippos sitelock

Not sure I'm allowed to say exact amounts but generally you get 10-15% of the sponsor amount. We got a bit less in this case but prices will always vary on sitelocks.

5hippos sitelock sold:

http://www.5hippos.com/puzzle-games/play-the-little-who

Nice one.. how was their intro put in? was it a video ?

I use Coleislazy's 'load swf' behaviour on StencylForge and modify it to allow the mouse to be moved and in this case, the 'play' button to be pressed :)

spoogob

ahh nice. i wondered if it was that behaviour. :) Good stuff anyhow.

AlexKershaw

We just hit 1 million plays :D

ridhwaan08

Awesome,I hope one day I could be the one saying that :P
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

Max Finch

10% of those plays are probably mine ;)