How To modify the wander behavior for actor turn in the same direction of wander

Tuo

In the part that says <Point actor towards <Angle>> try adding either 90, 180, or 270 to the angle.
^. That was the point of my comment in the coding :P.
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

Meestar

In the part that says <Point actor towards <Angle>> try adding either 90, 180, or 270 to the angle.
^. That was the point of my comment in the coding :P.

Yeah.  I thought that maybe they hadn't paid attention to that or something, so I thought to restate it.
PM me if you require help.  I'm always glad to help out!

jdevlearning

Do you want the actor to rotate to face it's movement? Then that's what the code Tuo posted does. It is also available as a pre-shipped behavior Face Direction of Movement.

Or do you want to switch animations based on which direction the actor is moving?

Do you have the link for that

captaincomic

Sorry, the link for what?

jdevlearning

pre-shipped behavior Face Direction of Movement, where is it

captaincomic

It comes with Stencyl, under From Your Library -> Motion
http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/pre-shipped-behaviors/

jdevlearning

CAPT.

I added the behavior is got static all time dont walk facing with the direction

captaincomic

The behavior itself doesn't make the actor walk, it just turns the actor so that it always faces the direction of it's movement. You can use it together with the Wander behavior. But it will probably give you the same result as the code Tuo posted...

jdevlearning

Imagine this: Why not use the beginning of a chain. The main link will guide the rest of them, but the link is hidden, I think using a box hidden "or linked together" with the actor when the box is receiving the actor will move, but method can be used to create this object and together with the actor?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 09:47:29 am by jdevlearning »

captaincomic

I'm sorry, I just don't understand your english.

Tuo

I'm sorry, I just don't understand your english.
You're not alone. That's the reason why I stopped answering on the thread. I simply no longer understand the issue...
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)