Meestar's Music!

Meestar

Hey everyone!  I have decided to start making and sharing original music with you all!  Right now, I have the Brinstar theme from Super Metroid uploaded on the forge [Orchestrated!] (not original, I know. Those will come as soon as I make them).  Royalty free, just give me credit unless otherwise posted.  I.E. Creative Commons vs Public Domain.  (Metroid is posted as Public Domain, I don't own the rights to it so your usage of it is subject to the terms outlined by Nintendo.)

Feel free to post requests and comments/suggestions!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:57:17 pm by Meestar »
PM me if you require help.  I'm always glad to help out!

MetalRenard

Just be careful with copyright infringement, you don't want to use songs in a commercial game that you don't own the rights to.
Composer. Rocker. World Ambassador For Foxes.
http://metalrenardmusic.com/

Meestar

Just be careful with copyright infringement, you don't want to use songs in a commercial game that you don't own the rights to.

There's no copyright infringement if I'll be uploading my Original music.  I have stated that the song from Super Metroid is obviously not mine, which means its not Royalty Free.  Plus I never mentioned selling my songs anywhere; These songs will all be free of charge.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:53:14 am by Meestar »

Photon

Royalty free, just give me credit unless otherwise posted.
I have stated that the song from Super Metroid is obviously not mine, which means its not Royalty Free.
Though I understand you were talking about your original music, you might want to word what you say a bit better in the future. Especially since the original post was about sharing your original music and then proceeded to point us to a non-original piece.

Furthermore, making a different variation of a well-known song doesn't mean its free to use even in a non-commercial game. Most of the time copyright owners have control over what kind of "derivative works" can be produced from what they own. There is such a thing as "fair use" that isn't infringement, but this can often be a very blurred area to walk around in.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

MetalRenard

My post was aimed at anyone who uses the song too since if you put it on the Forge, chances are someone will use it without knowing what they're doing. :)

Meestar

I have stated that the song from Super Metroid is obviously not mine, which means its not Royalty Free.
Though I understand you were talking about your original music, you might want to word what you say a bit better in the future. Especially since the original post was about sharing your original music and then proceeded to point us to a non-original piece.

Furthermore, making a different variation of a well-known song doesn't mean its free to use even in a non-commercial game. Most of the time copyright owners have control over what kind of "derivative works" can be produced from what they own. There is such a thing as "fair use" that isn't infringement, but this can often be a very blurred area to walk around in.

I thought my wording was clear, but just in case, prior to you posting, I modified my post and have just recently done so again.  This topic is not meant to be about the legality of my posting of the Super Metroid theme.  That was meant to be a side note.  That being said, any one have any comments/suggestions/requests related to the topic at hand, which, to restate, is my own original royalty free musical works or did these two posters ruin that?

Photon

I thought my wording was clear, but just in case, prior to you posting, I modified my post and have just recently done so again.  This topic is not meant to be about the legality of my posting of the Super Metroid theme.  That was meant to be a side note.  That being said, any one have any comments/suggestions/requests related to the topic at hand, which, to restate, is my own original royalty free musical works or did these two posters ruin that?
1.) My intent was not to ruin your topic.
2.) You have yet to post any of your original music.
3.) The legality of musical remixes is very important when it comes to advertising your works. So by implication, its a very viable point to make.

But on the topic of your original music, are you any good at 8-bit chiptunes?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:25:04 pm by Photon »
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

Meestar

To address #2, I haven't released any, as yet.  I go to college full-time and have been devoting myself to homework this weekend.  Rest assured, I will be composing some soon.

#3: Just the one remix will be posted.

I am able to do 8-bit works, I can do orchestral works, and I can do club-style (Dance, Techno, Trance, Electro, House, and rarely Dubstep).

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:32:32 pm by Meestar »

MetalRenard

Well get some originals up when you can, it's better for you to show off your work from the start to prevent speculation like what happened in this thread. :)

Meestar

Well, request something and maybe I'll have some samples out sooner than later.  ;)  Actually, I'm going to have at least 1 song out this week.

MetalRenard

Cool, I look forward to hearing what you can do!
P.S. I wouldn't request something because I am a composer and music producer myself. ^^

Meestar

3 samples of my music are up now.  2 are titled Mystery Cave.  The difference is one is orchestral and one is 8-bit.  There's also an 8-bit Melody (called Melody).