Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

RPG Elements

Puffdot

The "Equip Armor" behavior makes the armor piece (actor) wiggle back and forth a few pixels whenever I move my actor, and a moment after the actor stops. Any way to fix this?

And if I want more than one armor slot (separate slots for head, upper body, legs, etc.), do I simply copy the behavior, or would that make complications with the Combat Statistics and stuff?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:32:11 am by Puffdot »

Luyren

The "Equip Armor" behavior makes the armor piece (actor) wiggle back and forth a few pixels whenever I move my actor, and a moment after the actor stops. Any way to fix this?

And if I want more than one armor slot (separate slots for head, upper body, legs, etc.), do I simply copy the behavior, or would that make complications with the Combat Statistics and stuff?
The jitter issue is fixed in SW 1.1, I think the preview patch has this fixed, if you want it right now.

You can copy the behavior, but you'd have to add the other weapons/armor parameters in the Combat Statistics behavior (for example, get the defense value of the other pieces of equipment to determine the total defense).
Working.

Puffdot

Oh, thanks :3

Do I need to edit any of the behaviors, or just add the duplicated behaviors to the Combat Statistics behavior?

Luyren

Oh, thanks :3

Do I need to edit any of the behaviors, or just add the duplicated behaviors to the Combat Statistics behavior?

You duplicate the Equip Armor (to have more equipment pieces), then you edit the Combat Statistics to get the values from your copy and add your logic.
Working.

Puffdot

You duplicate the Equip Armor (to have more equipment pieces), then you edit the Combat Statistics to get the values from your copy and add your logic.

Thanks a lot! I'd be lost without you and your resource pack :)

Luyren

Thanks a lot! I'd be lost without you and your resource pack :)
You're welcome!
Working.

Puffdot

Dang it, new problem.. I have several items that kind of overlap, like a vest overlapping pants, but I don't know how to control this, so the pants are overlapping the vest instead :(
Any ideas?

Luyren

Dang it, new problem.. I have several items that kind of overlap, like a vest overlapping pants, but I don't know how to control this, so the pants are overlapping the vest instead :(
Any ideas?
If you have more than one layer in your scenes, you can, after the "create actor" block in the equip behaviors, add a "set layer of last created actor to", and select each of them to a different layer. This should work.
Working.

Puffdot

If you have more than one layer in your scenes, you can, after the "create actor" block in the equip behaviors, add a "set layer of last created actor to", and select each of them to a different layer. This should work.

I'll try, thanks. But, as I have four different equip slots (head, face, torso, legs), I'll have to make four layers.. in every single scene? Gotta be an easier way. It's not random, so something gotta decide what overlaps what..

Luyren

The behavior that executers first will create the actor first, and all the actors created afterwards will overlap it. As far as I know, there's no way to control the orther of execution of the behaviors.

Unless you make one behavior to handle all the actors created based on equipment (so you can set the priority of each slot), the layer thing is the easiest work around.
Working.

Puffdot

Yup, the layer thing worked like a charm. And I figured it's not hard to make 4 empty layers on each scene, really :)

Thanks again!

Argh, now I gotta make a new walking animation.. I've already made a few, but they all look awkward :(

Erdy

I downloaded it, but it gave me some errors, i know it's old but can you fix it?

Luyren

Reuploaded with the latest version of each behavior.
Working.

Erdy

Reuploaded with the latest version of each behavior.

Thank you but i can't find it on StencylForge

It's called RPG Elements in StencylForge, right?

Luyren

Forgot to make it public. It's now up.
Working.