METAL SLUG REMAKE

Froppel

Thanks for explaining it, thats exactly what I think.
#YOLO#SWAG

lapada

hahaha wow, but yeah people only care if you're making any kind of money off it. If your doing this for fun I hope you plan on putting work/effort in to making it feel like the original otherwise whats the point, you know? 

captaincomic

I'd think the worst case, altough really unlikely, would be that they sue you. While I think it legally makes no difference whether you make money with the game or not, if you do, the copyright holder would have more incentive to sue you and will have a strong case claiming that your profits are based on ripping off their work.

That being said, personally I don't think there's anything wrong with such a fan project. And it's cool that you contacted them ;)

Froppel

Thanks for supporting my opinion and helping me recreating some self esteem! If you would like to make it feel like MS, then please help me
#YOLO#SWAG

Froppel

NEW VERSION ON STENCYL ARCADE; CALM DOWN LADIES!

THIS TIME WITH SUCH GREAT NEW THINGS LIKE:
-an even WORSE Intro!
-an NEW shooting enemy!

I would like to use this post as a chance to tell you something! Everyone who says stuff like "Make your own sprites" or especially "dont be so lazy and wait until someone does it": The hoverjet enemy was made by me, it consists of 24 pictures, but it took me about 3 hours to rip, edit and rearange the single sprites. So before you call me lazy, think about that!
All constructive feedback is welcome, pls play the new version!
#YOLO#SWAG

Photon

I would like to use this post as a chance to tell you something! Everyone who says stuff like "Make your own sprites" or especially "dont be so lazy and wait until someone does it": The hoverjet enemy was made by me, it consists of 24 pictures, but it took me about 3 hours to rip, edit and rearange the single sprites. So before you call me lazy, think about that!
When people give you advice, it's typically best not to slap them over the face with it.

If I am not mistaken, just about every time someone says something that critiques you or your game, you come back with a smart-aleck response. A lot of what has been said is quite valid, and for you to bite back like you have is not helping your cause. If anything, you are the one being mean-spirited and frankly I find it very distasteful.

Just chill out, man. You don't need to be so defensive whenever we say something that you don't like. Take the criticism with a grain of salt if you must, but please stop lashing out. People here are trying to help.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

Froppel

When people give you advice, it's typically best not to slap them over the face with it.

If I am not mistaken, just about every time someone says something that critiques you or your game, you come back with a smart-aleck response. A lot of what has been said is quite valid, and for you to bite back like you have is not helping your cause. If anything, you are the one being mean-spirited and frankly I find it very distasteful.

Just chill out, man. You don't need to be so defensive whenever we say something that you don't like. Take the criticism with a grain of salt if you must, but please stop lashing out. People here are trying to help.

Hey, hey, hey! No need to start flaming! I just wanted to tell people how much work it is, so they dont judge as a lazy person without knowing how long it takes. But thanks that you took time to write such a long post!
#YOLO#SWAG

Photon

Hey, hey, hey! No need to start flaming! I just wanted to tell people how much work it is, so they dont judge as a lazy person without knowing how long it takes. But thanks that you took time to write such a long post!
Just so long as there is an understanding. :) I didn't really think I was flaming though...
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

Froppel

Yes, but as far as i know most flame wars start either like that or like "yo mamas so fat...". I didnt intend to leave the impression that you have, i just wanted to be understood
#YOLO#SWAG