Stencyl Jam 2013 - Over $1,000 in prizes - Ends April 30th (DEADLINE PASSED!)

rob1221

No, it has to be a completed game.

Hectate

But! They also have plenty of time to finish it.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Hypnohustla

Getting some good progress down, been working on it for about two weeks now. Really hoping that I get it done before the deadline! :)
Follow me on Twitter

h1rnz1lla

uhhhhh nice Hypnohustla!

toadfrogs

Hello! I'm very sorry for being a very inactive member of Stencyl! And I saw this just now... XD
I'll try to make something for this :D

Photon

Hello! I'm very sorry for being a very inactive member of Stencyl! And I saw this just now... XD
I'll try to make something for this :D
Hey, don't worry about it! I signed up and then went dormant for probably a good 4-6 months. There's no strict membership policy... at least, I don't think there is...  ???

Hope your game making goes well. Have fun!
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

toadfrogs

Well, i've been a year out... So I hope I could still get a hang on stencyl just to make a flash game :)

Satyre

Keep up the good work everyone and good luck :D

fillergames

uhhhhh nice Hypnohustla!

How did you do that effect of body parts ripping apart? Looks freakin awesome. Especially for an effect for getting blasted by a shotgun.

Jon

Well, i've been a year out... So I hope I could still get a hang on stencyl just to make a flash game :)

Haven't forgotten about you at all. Glad to still see you popping in. :)

Photon

Huzzah! I sat down this morning and tried to code a rather big and hairy scene behavior that reads a "schematic" (A list with text entries) for randomly spawning enemies in a scene. In other words, it is told at certain points in time to spawn from a specific range of actor types and to place them "randomly" based on a corresponding pool of coordinates. Besides some minor hitches (one was a game crasher but I located and fixed it rather easily), it appears to be working rather smoothly! WOOHOO!

That's a nice step towards completing my jam entry.  :D

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:20:53 pm by Photon »
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

osiaslemuel

Is making another level/world and marking it as a "coming soon" makes the game an incomplete one?
I'm making an endless scrolling game and I decided to put more world/levels on it after the stency jam.
just need to be sure to avoid troubles  :D

dtrungle

It's hard to say, if your game is 'big' enough to stand on it's own, I don't think it should be a problem if you want to add an 'expansion' to the game later. If it is a problem, you can remove the 'expansion' parts anyways.

...Very hard to say, an entry can be a very simple game and still be considered complete where another game can be more complex/large with missing 'expansions/areas' and it can be considered incomplete.

Jon

Just hide the coming soon parts from the submission. As long as the game feels complete on its own, that's what matters.

Natrium

I have been wandering why April 30th was chosen as the deadline. I've got quite a lot of homeworks and exams in that period, and I guess I'm not the only one (maybe I'm wrong).
The Newgrounds jam was during the summer holidays, it was easier to find time then.

Anyway, I'll try to finish my game by the 30th!