Random Chat Thread

Manuel

That's horrible, I hope things sort out for your university at the end, even through it may unfortunately take a while for it. And it's also sad how there're comments joking about it.  :(
Game developers are the deities of the virtual realm.
Game Development Blog
Personal Tumblr
Personal Twitter

Rhys

Today it was raining like the world would end. And now I've just discovered that half of my university is underwater.

Hard to believe, but it's true.
Whaaaa????

Tatertom

Today it was raining like the world would end. And now I've just discovered that half of my university is underwater.

Were those busted pipes or windows?  :o
Tatertom approves this message.

Luyren

Were those busted pipes or windows?  :o

Windows. That classroom is below the floor level, and there's the underground level beneath that.
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.
Twitter

irock

That looks horrible, Luyren. I hope everyone was alright.

In less depressing news, I ordered an official white Gamecube controller today. I haven't seen any of my first party controllers in years. I've been using these third party Mad Catz controllers, and I'm sure everyone who's ever used a Mad Catz controller will agree that Mad Catz controllers are pretty crummy.

HNF

Luyren, I hope that the university gets cleaned up soon. The video made it seem pretty bad, and it must suck for something like that to happen.

AvistTorch

That looks horrible, Luyren. I hope everyone was alright.

In less depressing news, I ordered an official white Gamecube controller today. I haven't seen any of my first party controllers in years. I've been using these third party Mad Catz controllers, and I'm sure everyone who's ever used a Mad Catz controller will agree that Mad Catz controllers are pretty crummy.
Oh jeez, Mad Catz controllers.  I feel your pain there. 
Current Projects:
Battle Lines Zero: The Sargonian Wars (Status: Engine-building)(Genre: Tactical RPG or Turn Based Tactics)
Project "PARTS" (Status: Early spriting/engine-building)(Genre: Real-time strategy)

irock

It arrived! That was ridiculously fast considering I selected standard shipping. This controls even better than I remember it.

Tatertom

That looks very nice! I'm suprised you could still find one of those not used.

Speaking of video games, Valve just released the 4th "Aperture Investment Opportunity" video for Portal 2. It's centered around Chell's high drop boots.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX9Sc88qreg]You can find it there.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:25:36 pm by Tatertom »

RandomJibberish

The investment videos are awesome. The third is probably my favourite.

"How do we fit so many bullets in 'em? ...Like this!"

Tatertom

I liked the third one as well. And hopefully, all the hype about early release on Friday is true!  :D

almyki

My mom and I had a 'day out' where we ate yummy Korean food and did some shopping =3 .  She bought me this adorable planner and the SOFTEST CUTEST BLANKET EVAR.  It's got cute teddy bears with heart noses eating honey and little bees and flowers and cuteness X3 . 

There are 12341983 art contests I want to join now D= .  It's hard to remember them all even.  Plus watercolor class assignments.  And various personal projects.  I want to write lately, but I always feel like 'If you're doing something creatively productive, make some art first!' for some reason.  And then when I write, I end up writing things completely unchronologically, stuff that has absolutely no connection to each other and it's all complete gibberish to anyone who doesn't know the bucketloads of backstory I always end up piling up OTZ . 

On the other hand, I have been drawing more lately than I have in a long time.  That's a good feeling.  I saw a missing child poster while out with my mom earlier eating, 16-year-old Phylicia Barnes, so I took it down for a second and drew an ATC of her.  I plan to post it up in my dA (though no one really watches me XD ) later.  I want to draw more portraits of missing children. 

I need to make up my portfolio for UMBC.  A portfolio is difficult stuff, I should really ask online for advice.  My dad seems to think any old artistic junk will do as long as it looks decent enough, but I have my doubts.

I'm so sleepy, why do I keep staying up?!  I need to wake up early tomorrow too.  Okay, okay, I'm done with my random thoughts.

<3 ali
dA |

Skills:  Drawn art, writing/story concepts, drawn backgrounds.
Preferred Games:  Visual Novels, RPGs, Simulations, Sandboxes, Dress-Ups
Current Projects:  Pokepet Eevee!

Rhys

Everyone who earned all the potatoes got Valve Complete Pack and Portal 2 free.
I am really regretting not buying those indie games i already have (in non steam form :C)

Duckaiser

I'm so sleepy, why do I keep staying up?!  I need to wake up early tomorrow too.  Okay, okay, I'm done with my random thoughts.

<3 ali

Sleep? Sleep is for the weak! I've been running on less than 3 hours of sleep today, and let me tell you, I'm perfectly fine actually quite tired! My sleep patterns are horrible, I really need to work on them...

Also...almyki, your ATC thread reminded me of something that was done a long time ago on the older Stencyl forums...The Fortnightly Art Contest! I almost forgot about it.

I have a few of my pictures...I didn't participate in every contest.
The first one's theme was "Mr. Stencyl", my piece was titled Goth Rocker. My concept for Mr. Stencyl was an effeminate, cross-dressing, visual kei, rockstar...with some Stencyl symbols in various places. According to the file, it was completed on August 29, 2009.
The fourth one's theme was "Halloween", my piece was "The Queen of Halloween". Which was finished November 4, 2009. (I think there was an extension!)
I believe one of the weeks theme's was fanart from someone else's Stencyl games. (that's why the ATC thread reminded me of this!) I never finished my picture, but I scanned my sketch.
It's...the Sha (from Era Wars) versus Bodystack Man (from Fear in Daylight, I think)! The Sha were getting beaten by the bizarre Bodystack Man, but the tank (I don't think it's actually a tank! sorry Winzenheimer, I don't remember what that unit was called!) is coming to turn the tides!

I don't remember if there was anything else I did. I thought I had more...

One last thought. My Goth Rocker and Queen of Halloween? Looking back at designs from 2009, and I still kinda like them. I really think I should put them in a game someday. At the very least, perhaps as secret characters in an RPG or something (though that's not so secret now)

Winzenheimer

I come to check the forums and Duckaiser slaps me in the face with memories.  :)

MineCraft 1.5 is also out today. :o