Matchagon iOS & Android FREE

mzxstosch

Yah! You've made it an universal App :D!

h1rnz1lla

yes universal.

unfortunately we never got any big exposure. we had a feature in the puzzle category but that doesn't help at all. what you need is a new & noteworthy feature on the frontpage of the appstore, everything else wont help you.

i tried to contact a lot of gaming blogs, but nobody of the big ones responded / was interested in it. some smaller german blogs featured it, which was great but didn't help in sales downloads. i will try to push it with the update again.

i still believe that the game would be played by a lot of people if they knew it exists.
the app holds 5 stars average on 42 ratings/reviews, mostly german ones. people really seem to like it so far. since the 15th of march i had 1,616 downloads and 130 payed ones, which is a marvelous conversion rate of almost 8%, note that normal f2p titles have conversion rates of 1-3%. The app made us 90$ so far. Music alone costed me 220$, without the 3 month of my work put into it. I don't want to sound greedy or anything but still i think it could perform better in terms of downloads.

as you can clearly see, visibility and marketing is still the hardest part at least in the app store. i will see how the update goes, but maybe i will consider to go to a publisher and see what they could do for the game.

Unept

It would be great to see it get some traction. It's a great game with a lot of growth potential. (Still my wife's go-to game when she has downtime.)
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

Jon

When you contacted the gaming sites, what did a typical e-mail look like? What they generally want is a promo code, a video, a link to your site and an extremely short (1-2 sentence) description of the game.

Anything more, and they just skip past because it's too long.

p.s. Clever way to adapt to iPhone 5. I wish more would "get" it and just realize that it's not a huge deal but not something we can say explicitly what to do. :)

h1rnz1lla

hehe yes, this time i will try to make the mails as short as possible. i rechecked my email communication and saw that some blogs for example jay is games wrote back on the initial mail, but never featured the game. so yeah i will definitely try to contact those folks again.

yeah for the iPhone 5 adoption it was pretty easy. Maybe i can make a video tutorial on how i did it with stencyl as a tool with the example of deletr. maybe that could help some people to get started.

Jon

It'd would definitely help a lot of people to have an example like that. There are many who don't quite understand that with iPhone 5, you use the extra space, rather than trying to "draw" to fit it.

h1rnz1lla

hey i've uploaded the latest version for you guys to play!

check it out: http://www.matchagon.com

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:36:48 pm by h1rnz1lla »

h1rnz1lla

DELETR is dead, long live Matchagon.
Read this Blog post on why we rename DELETR to Matchagon.

http://www.tinytouchtales.com/deletr-rebranding/

check out the new micro page for Matchagon  http://www.matchagon.com

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:37:11 pm by h1rnz1lla »

rob1221

It will be interesting to see how much the name change affects the number of players (and I agree it's a better name).

I like the paralax effect on that site.

h1rnz1lla

yes me too! i will try to document everything as good as i can and make a post about it.

h1rnz1lla

Update passed the review, we will release Saturday 15th of June!

h1rnz1lla

Matchagon is live live live :)!

h1rnz1lla

hey android users!

we finally ported www.matchagon.com to android! please take a look and give us some feedback how it works. its optimized for 800x480px right now, would be cool to get some feedback on how it looks on your device. thanks!

Matchagon on Google Play

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:14:44 pm by h1rnz1lla »

Stevetheipad

Impressive. I'm inspired by your unique design.

ZHart

I love this type of games.
Great idea and amazing implementation :)
Reasonable minimalism, pleasant graphics, nice music and interesting logic makes it enjoyable.
I tested the game on Android 4.0 1024x768. It works perfectly, no bugs found.