Matchagon iOS & Android FREE

Stevetheipad

This is truly a fun game! Most Stencyl games are fun for a day or two but this one I play whenever I'm bored and I actually enjoy the gameplay a lot!

Great design and the minimalism looks amazing. :D

h1rnz1lla

thanks guys, good to hear that it works on your android.

QCP

Not sure whether you already know this but Matchagon is currently featured in the 'What we are playing' section of the iOS App Store. Congrats!

Regards,
Phil.

h1rnz1lla

Yes Matchagon got a pretty good featuring in several Stores. We made around 14.000 Dls in the last 3 days from 5-10 a day since March. Once again the power of the featuring is the only thing that can boost your sales/dls these days, without investing $100-200k in marketing. We are at 18.600 Dls in total right now with a total revenue of $370 - yay ;)!
Dl stats attached.

Nathbo

So I was reading you website and you had the goal to go to full time indie (this year I think or maybe by 2014).. Is your dream on it's way with the different apps you have out there ?

Where does the revenue from matchagon come from ?  I did not see ads and currently the game is totally free..
Visit my Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/NathboGames

Twitter
@NathboGames

h1rnz1lla

So right now my revenue comes from my Daytime job ;)
But i will start my indie-career pretty soon i feel.

Matchagon is totally free on Android yes, but on iOS you have a 3 play limit, which you can remove by buying the game for $0.99. I have to admit that i haven't made any significant money with my Apps so far. We released our first Game Zombie Tennis on August 16th 2012 and made a total of $4000 in 1 year with 4 Apps combined. Our biggest success was our Kids Book which made around $2500. The problem is that due to my daytime job i have way to little time to focus more on my own stuff. When that changes i hope to generate more revenue from my Apps. I'm pretty confident that our next Game Zuki's Quest will boost our revenue to a relevant amount and we'll have a good base from where we can start.

Nowadays featuring in the Appstore is everything, we have seen that with Matchagon pretty well.
It had 2.500 downloads in 7 month without being featured and after 4 days of featuring we made it to 40.000 downloads. I know that Matchagon moneytizes pretty weak and could have way more pay options for users, but as said, i have so little time to do all that stuff and thats why i want to try my luck with going indie fulltime very soon.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:25:04 am by h1rnz1lla »

Jon

"iOS you have a 3 play limit" - Just as a heads up, is Apple OK with this? I just read an article today stating that Apple doesn't allow apps to operate under a limited amount of uses.

Just a clarification - if the kid's book is your biggest success @ $2,500, how is the $4,000 for the tennis game a lesser success?

h1rnz1lla

Mhh interesting can you link that article? So far we had no problems with that, its pretty common in the casual games space to restrict the move/plays.

Ah maybe you miss read that. Since we launched Zombie Tennis which was about a year ago we made $4000 in total meaning over the course of 1 year and the kids story alone made $2500 of that. But hopefully Zuki's Quest will bring in some money ;).

Jon

"Time trials are not allowed, if they completely disable the app's use. Also restrictions such as limiting the number of runs are not allowed. Apps should have core functionality that does not expire. However, you can use In App purchase to let certain features expire and then charge to unlock these again."

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6462430

h1rnz1lla

super nice read. what the guidelines say is that completely bricking the game is for bidden. but what i meant is having a timer with the plays. so after three games you have to wait 10mins to get another three plays. with the iap you can remove that timer.