My laptop just broke itself (posted from PS3)

Hectate

Try pressing CTRL+ALT+ESC at the desktop. That's a shortcut to your task manager - look under Processes and sort them by the "CPU" column so the higher numbers are at the top. Is there any one in particular that is really high - like 90% or more?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Alexin

Use cloud services to backup your personal files and a backup disk for the "heavy" stuff.
Always install the OS in its own partition.
Don't trust the OS to keep your files around at all time. Do it yourself, make it an habit like good hygiene.

Windows has the bad habit to fail on me once in a while, so I'm quite used to reinstall and set everything back up in a couple hours.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

fillergames

Good news.

Me and my parents have decided to merge our money to get a new me a  higher quality laptop. It has Windows 7 and Its going to be much faster. We are currently getting it shipped from somewhere.

Bad news.

I will have to redo my whole game.

Ryusui

In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Stux

dont go dell they suck mac all the way

Max Finch

If you can view your files then stick a USB in and get the backup. (Unless you dont backup) Also somewhere in %appdata% (Type that in your run and it will open a destination) there is a stencyl folder where all your stencyl games are. Just drag that folder onto your USB and when you get your new laptop put that folder on the same location after you install stencyl. Hope that works and sorry to hear about your laptop. I hate these kind of issues.

SWATLLAMA

dont go dell they suck mac all the way

Dell products are no longer high quality as they (arguably) used to be, but apple products never were. A mac is more likely to fail, and it will be weaker for a higher price.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Ryusui

Yeah. I'd recommend against a Mac for compatibility issues alone.

toml2003

irock

mac sucks i have one and it sucks it failed i took it to the mac store they said we dont sell macs we sell makeup i was scammed

dtrungle

wat i was looking fr makup and they say this not a makeup store i will try mac stor now ty for tip

Ryusui

Go home, dtrungle. You're drunk.

Ryusui

So how's the laptop situation? Made any inroads to figuring out what the hell's wrong with it? Come to think of it, did you try taking it to Best Buy's Geek Squad or a computer repair shop or something?

fillergames

So how's the laptop situation? Made any inroads to figuring out what the hell's wrong with it? Come to think of it, did you try taking it to Best Buy's Geek Squad or a computer repair shop or something?
Not yet, Im more focused on school and old video games. Im getting a high quality laptop like I said earlier.