Translate Stencyl to your language!

Jon

March 25, 2013, 05:53:48 pm
If you've ever been interested in translating Stencyl to another language, you should check out our new web-app that crowdsources translations. Rather than 1 person translating everything, many individuals split the work and do a little part.

The way it works is that we present "phrases" to you to translate. Submit those, and others can vote them up/down and comment on them. A moderator will accept the best translations into the official pack.

This new app has shown incredible results in just the days since it started. We can't wait to see what comes from the broader community.

(As of 2014 (and beyond), the app has been taken offline indefinitely due to technical issues. All work is preserved. We just need to optimize the web app so it doesn't take down the server under greater load.)

Learn More

Try it Out!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:53:03 pm by Jon »
Jonathan Chung - Owner, Stencyl LLC

Imalter

April 06, 2013, 12:04:48 pm
The system works great and is very convinient. Excellent way to get translation done!

dude99999

August 11, 2013, 10:49:23 pm
That's awesome!  :D
Visit Power Spark to play more of my games.

zabenoid

December 08, 2013, 08:07:17 am
Now that is one hell of a maintenance... still down. I could translate to finnish, if i just would know how to code. But im not a coder. So if someone would kindly help i would participate. I want to teach my kid to make games, but my kid do not speak english yet.

gamegirlxl

December 12, 2013, 10:30:00 am
Now that is one hell of a maintenance... still down. I could translate to finnish, if i just would know how to code. But im not a coder. So if someone would kindly help i would participate. I want to teach my kid to make games, but my kid do not speak english yet.

I don't think you NEED to know how to code to do translations...There's nothing exactly special about the words on Stencyl blocks, which would still function the same if they all were labeled "hamburger" or something.  You just wouldn't be able to tell any of them apart...

Although your English isn't perfect (and it's somewhat confusing to read), you should be able to understand enough to produce a somewhat accurate Finnish translation.  It would help to know what the blocks DO, but I don't think that's entirely necessary.  Stencylpedia(which is in English, of course) has references for the blocks, and guides on how to use them.

So I'm not entirely sure why you think you need help translating, because I'm not sure how big the Stencyl Finnish community is (and you probably know enough English to ask for coding help on the forums)...

frederic12

March 31, 2014, 11:22:16 pm
hey guys. this is the awesome translating and interpreting services. you may try to check this out. http://allgraduates.com.au/our-services/onsite-interpreting.html

motiv

May 01, 2014, 11:53:45 am
hi i just downloaded the program and only appears stencyl language would change it to English Spanish but I do not get the option descargarme devo something?

thanks

angelonc

June 23, 2014, 06:15:45 am
Hi. I want to help with translations to Brazilian Portuguese. How can I do it?