Sutyimok and the Haunted Treasure

dineyin

Ok, I think I understand now, so the main objective is to use the timing of the blocks to confuse the ghosts. I hadn't though of trying to block myself in.

In that case, I think it would be helpful if there was some sort of counter that indicated how much time each obstacle has left (Or have them fade out or something). That would be helpful if you place several obstacles and can't remember which one was first.

mormord

I'll think about that idea. I doubt that I can make a counter (or even want :) ) but maybe the box will do some flashing before it disappears, so you are warned before the ghosts break the door on you. I plan to put in an other character, that can shoot paralyzing bullets instead of dropping obstacles for players who don't like tricking ghosts away from their chosen route. I can't promise it will be easier because if you stun a ghost, you're the one who have to go on a different way, not him.

mormord

Most recent updates:

- You can either play as Sutyimok or Tamuron. Sutyimok can drop obstacles, Tamuron can stun ghosts. Tutorial not updated for Tamuron, but maybe next time :)
- There is a level (and character) selection scene in the beginning. I plan to make levels unlockable b beating the previous ones, but for now anyone can jump to any level up to 12.
- Obstacles cannot be dropped on ghosts (thanks for the suggestion KungFuFurby)
- Obstacles are flashing red before they are removed (Suggestion from Dineyin). I plan the same for stunning

I plan to change the AI to a faster (but not much dumber) one, because on some levels you can feel some the lag because of it (even if it's running only four times a second, not five times).

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:06:23 pm by mormord »

KungFuFurby

I myself have noticed a lot more than you think, being an iMac G5 user. The maximum framerate that I have, with no graphics, is around 30 fps. Your game takes a lot of time updating on the Flash side (which I presume is your custom-built code), which reduces the frame rate on my end to as low as 2 fps.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

mormord

Oh, crap. That's unplayable :( I changed the AI, this should be much faster. The game became a little easier, but I don't think it's a big problem. Can you tell me what you fps now?

KungFuFurby

Well, it's not unplayable... just really slow. On a computer like mine where Flash doesn't have a good speed advantage, it's a lot more noticeable.

By the way, your fix worked great. I'm now back up at around the 15 FPS range, which should eliminate lag on those computers that usually get consistent 60 FPS.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.

mormord

Thank you, you must be very patient. If I'm the one who gets 2 fps, I surely abandon the idea and try to create something else. So there is a 7.5x multiplier between brute force and thinking. Well, that's a lesson for me, not to use brute force.

KungFuFurby

If you're on one of those computers that typically gets 60 fps on most of the games around here, then in the words of the furby, "Very Big Yes".

mormord

About a year ago, I had a much slower computer, I didn't cared about lag. I don't really care about it now, unless it's takes me down to 1-4 fps (just guessing, I don't have an fps counter) or it's my game. Well it's my very fist flash game, but still :) Also if I would have 2 fps in my computer, imagine what would happen on slower ones. So when I realized that I lag a little I knew that something must be done.

mormord

I'd like to present the easier half of the levels. Two more enemies was added, both of them are dumber than ghosts. I also changed the level selection menu for something fancier :)
I realized that skeletons are so thin that they're almost invisible, possibly I'll have to recreate all of its animations. After level 14 there is a cutscene, and level 15 cannot be completed. You can press ESC anytime to go back to the menu.

This caused a little pain, because I lost my internet connection during uploading, which made stencylworks freeze, but I reuploaded and hopefully nothing is messed up :)

choas81

10/10 love this game

« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:28:29 pm by Hectate »

mormord

Thanks Choas :)

After a long holiday, I'm back and I updated the game. So this is what changed:
*Added level 16-28
*Added cut scene after level 4
*Unlocked all levels (because I experienced that the game lose your progress when I update it - won't be unlocked in the final version :) )
*Sneak peek to the final level's layout.

Even by putting in most of the levels, the TODO list is still growing. For example I'll need to draw blue stairs for blue levels (I know I could I just ran out of patience, so it waits until tomorrow)

Short time plans (excluding animations and other graphical issues):
*Villani's AI - reversing the game, Villani will flee from you on the last level and you need to catch him. I think I'll put in some guardians for him.
*Final level music
*Unlockable Villani character - after beating the final level Villani will become playable. He'll have 'Bait' as special ability. While the bait is alive, all monsters will target the bait instead of Villani. However, ramming to a monster will be still fatal.
*Mute music option

Long time plans:
*Achievements (like "tricked two ghosts" and "completed five levels with both Sutyimok and Tamuron")
*Level editor (let's dream! :) )

mormord

I just updated the game. This is what's new:

* Unlockable Villani character. When you beat the final level, you unlock Villani. On the last screen you can press ESC to go back to the menu.
* Statistic - some numbers about the things you've done.
* Achievements & Wrongdoings - while not all of them are working, you can earn most of them.
* Mute music with M

airman4

i tried to play
doesnt show up

the game is heavy?

mormord

It's around 4 Mb. Strange, It's working on my Opera, but not in Internet Explorer. I can't solve this for now, if anyone know a solution for this, I would give a big thank for it.