WASD Pro

remygames

WASD Pro is a fast paced game about pushing buttons on your keyboard. It's also got an epic soundtrack  ;).

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/18145

SadiQ

On easy I got to about 200+ till I got bored..the medium and hard are too hard for me :(
Maybe make a transition from easy to medium and hard after a certain score? Gets boring after 200 correct presses :P
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

gruffman

You broke the number one rule of all games everywhere - give a mute option. For all the people at work, watching tv in the background or just those who don't like your musical taste :)
Now available for all Android Devices - Happy Face Concentration
My Games To Date
Find A Face / Hero Of Oda / Snakes And Ladders
Hungry Monkey available at fgl.com for Sponsorship
My site - Gruffgames.com

Photon

You broke the number one rule of all games everywhere - give a mute option.
Could someone please direct me to the real number one rule of gaming?  ::)

Besides, is it really that hard to hit mute on the computer itself?  :P
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

Tuo

You broke the number one rule of all games everywhere - give a mute option.
Could someone please direct me to the real number one rule of gaming?  ::)

Besides, is it really that hard to hit mute on the computer itself?  :P

I think a mute button is actually rule #8... and #1 is that the game actually works :P

And, how many of us play our own music while playing flash games? I know I do (and hence why the mute button is so important.)
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

gruffman

Didn't mean to come off as rude, sorry if I came off that way. The sound thing is the major bugbear over at fgl.com I have found, and the first thing the reviewers there will jump on you for. The number one rule is probably don't spend years making half life 3 and still not release....
Now available for all Android Devices - Happy Face Concentration
My Games To Date
Find A Face / Hero Of Oda / Snakes And Ladders
Hungry Monkey available at fgl.com for Sponsorship
My site - Gruffgames.com

Photon

Didn't mean to come off as rude, sorry if I came off that way. The sound thing is the major bugbear over at fgl.com I have found, and the first thing the reviewers there will jump on you for. The number one rule is probably don't spend years making half life 3 and still not release....
I didn't really think it was rude. I just found it kind of ridiculous and mildly hilarious that that was what you stated as the number one rule of gaming. I just meant to poke a little fun.  :P

Anyway, to my surprise, the game really isn't that bad. I say it that way to prove a point: at first glance at the original post, for me, the game looked boring and unappealing. I immediately looked at it and thought something along the lines of, "Yeah, probably not worth my time."

In reality, the game mechanic is executed rather well and is actually a touch catchy if you get into it. Your big problem right now is that it is desperately lacking in the presentation department. There's not really a whole lot about it that really pulls the player in and makes them want to start playing. And at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter how good your game is if you can't get people to even play it once. At least that's how I see it.

You've still got a month before the game jam is over; I would look into giving this a little facelift. Do essentially the same thing, just wrap it into a more appealing visual. You could (as an example) do something like have a whack-a-mole machine, where you hit the moles back down by pressing the corresponding key. Yeah, it's not much different than what you are doing now, but it goes a long way in feeling more like a polished game. :)
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!