How'd you get your name?

SWATLLAMA

This is just a fun little topic, discussing how we all got our names!

I imagined a bipedal llama in a S.W.A.T. team uniform with a belt of ammo around his chest Arnold howeveryouspellthatAustriandudesname style, carrying an assault rifle. I won't go into why I imagined that... o_O.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Justin

My parents gave me my name when I was born.

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

Hectate

My parents gave me my name when I was born.
Incredible! This happened to me also, what are the odds!?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Greg

I'm really glad that my parents named me Greg -- because that's what everyone calls me at work. 

Joe

Up until launch my handle was always "Fox." Fox in Socks used to be my favorite book as a kid, and I loved playing StarFox 64, so the name kind of stuck.

Strasteo

My first name on the forums was Sio, which I didn't really put much effort into. I just needed a handle and I did that a lot for new sites I joined. Then I went by Stratus-Stereo on some other sites, but that got tiring to write out and it was frankly too long. So I merged the two into Strasteo.

I don't have much of a story behind it. I like clouds and music so I guess that's as deep as it gets.

Luyren

"Luyren" was a thief in an RPG me and a friend were going to make in RPG Maker XPm back in 2004. Of all the characters in the rooster, he was the one I created, and my favorite. After we dropped the idea, I adopted the name as my internet alias.
Working.

SWATLLAMA

Okay, but for the first few who answered, I mean the name you use on the internet.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

goatsoup

When I was younger I spent many hours playing Elite on my ZX Spectrum (showing my age here...)

Skip forward to when I needed an online name - I was reading some Elite code published by Ian Bell (who co-wrote the game with David Braben).  The function that auto-generated the planet descriptions was called goatsoup and I shamelessly stole it because it was random enough to be available as a username on most sites.

See
http://home.clara.net/iancgbell/elite/index.htm

Justin

Okay, but for the first few who answered, I mean the name you use on the internet.

Justin is my username as well as my real name.

I used to go by RMXPokemaniac. RPG Maker XP (RMXP), Pokemon, and Maniac. When you realize as you grow older, that your 13-year-old self couldn't come up with anything decent, it's nice to have a name given to you by two much older people to fall back on.

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

Hectate

I know, just a bit of fun.

I put my finger in a literature book and mis-read the nearest name. It was Hecate in Macbeth, I read Hectate instead. Been it ever since.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

llplldll

pld are the initals of my full name, so thought its be clever to arrange them that way.

Duckaiser

SWATLLAMA, whenever I see your username, I think of Gwonam from those awesome Zelda cd-i games saying: "Squadala! We are off!"

So I think to myself..."Swatllama! We are off!"

Anyway, Duckaiser came from DUCK and ALKAISER. Ducks being the bird, and Alkaiser being the superhero alias of Red from SaGa Frontier. He's not even my favorite character from that game or anything, I just think Alkaiser sounds cool, and I grew up with "henshin" shows like Sailor Moon and Power Rangers, so naturally I'd like that kind of thing. It's a name I came up with a long time ago, and maybe I'd prefer a different one, but I got used to it. And hey, I came up with it myself. There are so many things about yourself that you have no choice of, so it is somewhat satisfying to come up with another name for yourself. And that's one thing I like about having avatars on forums...I didn't get to pick my own face, but on the internet, I can look like whatever I want.

Sorry to ramble.

KungFuFurby

I used to play online games using a browser, no Flash required. There was a game called Kung Fu Madness (right now it's in a hiatus) that I had signed up for on June 30, 2004. I naturally came up with KungFuFurby right up on the spot, the furby part coming from my personal favorite. This nickname is definitely unique, as not a single other person that I know of has used this nickname.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

Tatertom

I just thought of something off the top of my head, and I chose this.
Tatertom approves this message.