I Like Toast (Demo Available!)

SuperJosh64

Just played the demo - nice stuff so far! I love the jam power up, I can see this being used quite well for some platforming puzzles. The controls are quite responsive and controlling your toaster feels quite good.

I love the explosions when you or your enemy dies. It's quite... dramatic  :D

The only thing I noticed is that your character sometimes won't change directions as he's falling - yet he'll still shoot in the direction you're pressing.

Keep it up!

yoshirider4

Thank you for playing and commenting!

Yeah, I noticed the direction thing too, I don't know how to fix it. :I

romavikt

too boring music.
It sounds like soap opera.Please change it!

yoshirider4

Thank you for playing!

The music is actually a placeholder as well as the tilesets and some of the sprites.

Edit: Officially on hiatus! The person who was supposed to be making me tilesets vanished, as well did my interest. I'll let you know when I feel like updating again.

yoshirider4

Hey guys, remember me?

...What do you mean no? Well, I'm gonna start working on this again. Yup. That is all.

KungFuFurby

Hey, welcome back Yoshirider4! You're the one that won that naming contest with "Don't Croak". And I remember this game under construction. I'm present if you're looking for coding assistance.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

chaosoul

Yay I liked this game. Hope you finish it!
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

magicpegasus

The only problem I have with this project is it's making my hungry! I'd like a nice piece of toast with butter, cream cheese, sliced cheddar, or peanut butter and honey.

yoshirider4

Okey dokey, I have a new demo, but is there anyway to update the existing one instead of making a separate game?

chaosoul

Yeah just publish it and there will be an option to update or publish as new game.
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

yoshirider4

Arrrgg, it's not working! It keeps coming up separate! D:

KungFuFurby

Did you select "Replace" rather than "Publish as New"?

I've scratched my head before, too. I successfully updated the Nine Pixel Game by selecting "Replace".
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

yoshirider4

Welp, none of that showed up, so I just submitted a new one. :V

This demo is quite hard though...

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/9870

Edit: Does anyone know how I can get the actor to stick to the horizontal moving platform?

Stencyl Ninja

Good game, beautiful concept.

yoshirider4

Thank you!

I updated the game quite a lot since the last demo, but it's still not letting me replace the existing one on the site. Does that fact that it's a work in progress matter?