[Paid] Stencyl developer to help get me started

bcmcg

I have some Escape the Room type games already designed for the iPhone, but the developers we originally hired never finished the game. Now I am interested in using Stencyl to make the games come to life and I'm looking for somebody who can teach me how to do so.

I have been playing with Stencyl for a few weeks and have got some basic functionality going, but I get stuck a lot and the Stencyl tutorials are often not helpful enough.

If you haven't played an Escape game, it's a pretty simple point-and-click type game where everything is essentially static (no animations). You explore different parts of a small room, click on items to add them to your inventory, use them on other items, etc.

I'm not looking for somebody to develop the whole game. Rather, I need somebody to help me design the game while I learn more about Stencyl in the process. I would like to eventually take over the project and be able to only rely on you for questions.

If interested, please get in touch and let me know your rates.

Best Regards,
Brendan

dtrungle

You need help designing how the game will be played through? Such as a storyboard or game-play objectives?

Or do you need someone to set up the basic foundation of the game for you?

bcmcg

Thanks for the question, I should have clarified this better.

I have the game completely storyboarded out. Conceptually and graphically it is done.

I need somebody to help me get the basic functionality started in Stencyl so I can see how it is done and continue building the game on my own, and help me with the trickier parts.

BlightXP

Hi there. :D

If you haven't, you can check out the STENCYLPEDIA.
www.stencyl.com/help/

There you can find the BASICS.
abcdefghijklmnoyqrstuv-WXP&Z ;D

bcmcg

Thanks, I already know about Stencylpedia. I want to hire someone to address my specific needs, since my game functions differently than most of the games in the tutorials.

No bites so far, so how does $200 sound to get this game started and be available via email for 10-15 questions. I hope this sounds like a fair rate.

dtrungle

I sent you an PM yesterday, did you get it?