Stencyl wont upgrade

deatherr1

It will probably be fixed if I reinstall Stencyl but Stencyl wont upgrade and everytime I click on the check for upgrades stencyls keeps putting my stencyl version number lower every time I click on upgrade.

Joe

Sounds like SW may be having trouble connecting to the Internet. Can you post your logs?

deatherr1

What logs? anyway I reinstalled Stencyl and it still happens by the way stencyl does update but idk if it really is or not it downloads the update but idk if it is installed because some new games made with new stencyl version wont load. My stencyl says  1.0.2 (b402) is aviavable  - you have 1.0.2 (b39800 and stencyl does have internet access

deatherr1

I got my new logs from my new install still same bugs here they are http://www.multiupload.com/FS3NUN6OBK

Jon

I'd hold off for tonight's update and give that a whirl. We actually made a ton of updates behind the scenes which changed the language packs that are picked up in updates. If you're updating to the official builds, there's a decent chance that parts of your games won't open properly or will seem mangled. But if the whole game itself doesn't open, that's different.

Sunflower

Alright, now this is strange. When I try to check for upgrades, it shows me something like that:
1.0.2 (b402) is now available - you have 1.0.3 (b401). Would you like to upgrade?
Now it's looking like it's trying to... downgrade! I decided to choose "Remind me later" (for obvious reasons), but something with this upgrade system is definitely wrong, even after 1.0.3 update. >_<

deatherr1

Darn I can't upgrade I think my stencyl version is on 1.0.2 (b401) but it wont go past it and it isnt just a text glitch I tried to upgrade 10 times it didn't work I'm still not on 1.0.3 plz help me. This is what happends if I upgrade to b402 idk if it installs or not but it downloads when I click on my version number I have b401 if I click remind me later and keep clicking on it I will go down a version number each time I click on it. I think this is a bug in which stencyl thinks I'm always a version lower then I am so it gives me the same upgrade everytime however I have tried to lower my version number with the bug and it dosent give me old stencyl updates it might do that due to stencyl has to restart to get a new version number and cant 100% change if you dont restart it.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:06:09 am by deatherr1 »