Dragon FunFlap (Play Now!)

osiaslemuel

Play now on Newgrounds
                 Play now on Mochimedia

Play now on Stencyl Arcade

April 29 2013 Update v.1.2:
Power ups have arrived, get some of these to increase your survivabilty and beat the High Score

Other updates:
- Bee Hazard Difficulty Tweaked
- How to play Scene Updated
- The game can now be played in stencyl arcade

April 25, 2013 Update:
The game is now Published and can be played by clicking the links above :D

April 15, 2013
Hi guys,

Just like the others, We wanted to announce our Game in work and reserved our Game jam Thread.
So here are some info and  lots screenshots of the game.

The game is an endless Side-Scrolling game like Jetpack joyride and canabalt.
The main goal of the game is of course, try to avoid hazards to stay alive and beat the Highscore of others.
 You should also try to collect all the "Runes of Knowledge" in each world and view them on the rune page.

For now there is only one world/Level. I'm planning to add more after the game jam.

Here are some screenshots:

Loading Screen

How To play Scene:

A few Screenshots of the Gamplay:

You can view all your collected runes in the rune page, Each rune of knowledge has an extra fun fact  :D .

The Credits of the game:

We are planning to make a private beta test on april 20, 2013 and launch the game on April 25,2013.
We will keep updating this thread as the game progressed.
Good luck every one!  :D

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:47:13 pm by osiaslemuel »

BlightXP

Hi kababayan. :D

Nice graphics. Wish I can draw like that. xp
abcdefghijklmnoyqrstuv-WXP&Z ;D

Looks great! I cant wait to try the beta test!

:D

osiaslemuel

Hi kababayan. :D

Nice graphics. Wish I can draw like that. xp

Hello Kababayan,

Thanks, Just try to practice and master some art Graphic softwares.  :D

As always great work! Art work is extremely well done. Looking forward to playing the beta!

osiaslemuel

I'm planning to launch the game these coming days and I'm thinking ways to earn some extra money on it.
I'd like to try having a sponsor but I'm not a stencyl pro subscriber so I guess Advertisements is the only way.

But I'm not sure which one are the best for advertisements. Mochi, Kongregate or Newgrounds?
Its my first time to add advertisements on my game so I'm not that sure  :-\ .

Any suggestions?  :D

Thanks

spoogob

I dont think you have to be a pro subscriber to get a sponsor , but it may well look nicer without the Stencyl branding on your game. Mochi is probably the first I would go for, in way of ads, although if your game does well, i believe you could do nicely from being on Kong and Newgrounds.

One thing about Mochi is you can let them distribute your game for you too, which if you have ads in it, can help it spread everywhere and end up making more. Lastly, in general terms, ads don't really make very much money, unless you have a hit. Although if you have a few games eventually running ads and the game/s do fairly well, you can make a nice little amount.

osiaslemuel

Thanks for your suggestions spoogob,

I dont think you have to be a pro subscriber to get a sponsor ,

most sponsors give the developer a custom SWF that is needed to put on the game, And it was written in stencyl shop that pro version has the ability to use custom SWF preloader. So I think Its not possible to be sponsored in free version?

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:25:16 am by osiaslemuel »

AlexKershaw

Thanks for your suggestions spoogob,

I dont think you have to be a pro subscriber to get a sponsor ,

most sponsors give the developer a custom SWF that is needed to put on the game, And it was written in stencyl shop that pro version has the ability to use custom SWF preloader. So I think Its not possible to be sponsored in free version?

It really depends on the roll of the dice - from 2 primary sponsorships and a few sitelocked sponsorships, I've never had to use a preloader, just splash screens and logos. Still, the Stencyl advertisement at the start of the free version won't make a good impression on sponsors...

spoogob

No problem.

I agree too with what Alex says. I guess it can depend and vary from sponsor to sponsor and how a dev implements what has been given, but as I say, and as Alex says, it would maybe make a better impression if the Stencyl branding wasn't there.

Personally, Im in a similar position, Ive had 2 primary sponsorships and hopefully sitelocks (one has only just  been able to become available, and the other i have to wait a while longer till i can sell sitelocks). Both my primaries had various levels of branding.. One was too tricky and the sponsor was pretty good actually and was ok with leaving the custom loader out. The other was easier to implement. Both had custom swf intro's, but I converted these to images and just animated them (as it was a lot easier to create a simple animation, and I also don't like the way custom swf's are used in 3.0). So you could also maybe get by using custom swf's by possibly animating what your given. (for intros anyway) but again, the Stencyl splash/ad might not  look good to potential sponsors.

osiaslemuel

Thanks for the info guys, I think I'll just stick with mochiads and do sponsor on my next games when I got stencyl pro.  :D

GeorgeN

IMO put your game on FGL and see what's happen. If you find a sponsor that will give you a decent amount of money(and how your game is looking you might have that luck) you can go PRO and remove the stencyl preloader.

osiaslemuel

The game is now Published and can be played by clicking these links =)
Play now on Newgrounds
Play now on Mochimedia

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 06:47:30 pm by osiaslemuel »

Satyre

Good work. Its pretty nice and relaxing.

osiaslemuel

Good work. Its pretty nice and relaxing.

Thanks for the positive feedback Satyre  :D