Yeti Yeti Yeti Yeti by Dustin Covan

dustincovan

How do you play a game designed by The Enemy?

What do you do if the only tasks you can seemingly accomplish are the ones where The Enemy wins?

Are they really the only options?

Is The Enemy really your enemy?

What kind of Yeti goes around trying to solve a worm’s problems in the first place?

These are just some of the questions you may ask yourself once you choose to experience Yeti Yeti Yeti Yeti, by Dustin Covan.

Like an episode of Teletubbies directed by David Lynch, this interactive short story will reveal itself to you in ways you may not be used to or comfortable with; however, satisfaction is guaranteed.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/dustincovan/yeti-yeti-yeti-yeti?acomplete=yeti

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 07:10:25 pm by dustincovan »

dtrungle

Lost ... the tv show.

brantsmith

^ with yah on that one
Coding is Awesome.
Stencyl is Better.

hdesign

NobodyX

Playing this game is like an intense battle where it's pushing me away and pulling me in at the same time. Unfortunately a lot of the pushing me away comes from the gameplay being much less enjoyable than no gameplay at all. With that said though, I'm a million times happier with people making stuff like this than bland stuff.

lapada

THIS "GAME" HAS NO RUNNING OR JEWELS, HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO PLAY THIS ON MY IPAD?! PLEASE DELETE THIS MODS 

spoogob

HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO PLAY THIS ON MY IPAD?!

Cause its a flash game?

Played this for a few minutes but came away rather baffled!  ???
Interesting look and idea, but Im abit confused by what I just saw.

theabbott

I'm a million times happier with people making stuff like this than bland stuff.
Co-signed!

Am I missing more content? I gave the worm back to its Mother, is that it?

gruffman

Stunning large actors, excellent to see :)
Now available for all Android Devices - Happy Face Concentration
My Games To Date
Find A Face / Hero Of Oda / Snakes And Ladders
Hungry Monkey available at fgl.com for Sponsorship
My site - Gruffgames.com

h1rnz1lla

mhhh, so i think in terms of game-mechanics its horrible and not fun to play at all, but i think its intended and fine! In terms of craziness and a wtf-sense its brilliant :D. creepy as hell and i don't understand either the story nor the message if it has one!

interesting entry!

dustincovan

Playing this game is like an intense battle where it's pushing me away and pulling me in at the same time. Unfortunately a lot of the pushing me away comes from the gameplay being much less enjoyable than no gameplay at all. With that said though, I'm a million times happier with people making stuff like this than bland stuff.

Thanks for playing, and for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it. Also,  I'm really glad you like the experimental side of it.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:25:52 am by dustincovan »

dustincovan

Am I missing more content? I gave the worm back to its Mother, is that it?

That's it only for the beginning, and then when The Enemy asks you if you're satisfied, if you answer "Yes", it will take you back to the start screen, but if you're not satisfied and you answer "No" then there is much more of the game to play. Thanks for playing!

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:02:59 am by dustincovan »

dustincovan

Stunning large actors, excellent to see :)

Thanks a lot! Those larger actors ate up a bunch of my megabyte allowance, but for the purpose of this game I needed them bigger. I'm glad you like them. Thanks for playing!

dustincovan

mhhh, so i think in terms of game-mechanics its horrible and not fun to play at all, but i think its intended and fine! In terms of craziness and a wtf-sense its brilliant :D. creepy as hell and i don't understand either the story nor the message if it has one!

interesting entry!

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate your openness to the different style of gameplay, and although I wasn't purposefully trying to make the gameplay "horrible and not fun to play at all" (ha ha) you definitely understood that the intention of the game was something beyond that. I'm glad you like it, and I'm glad you found it interesting. Thanks for playing!

dustincovan

Played this for a few minutes but came away rather baffled!  ???
Interesting look and idea, but Im abit confused by what I just saw.

Well, I appreciate you playing nonetheless! Each of the characters give you clues to what has happened in the world and what they would like you to do, and different answers are revealed depending on what actions you take. Also, I created it so that just because a character "asks" you to do something you don't have to do it to play the game, and you may not even be able to accomplish the tasks as they are asked of you, and then you have to figure out how to play in spite of these seemingly "failures". So, if you keep playing, you may get more of an understanding of what's going on. But even if you've had enough, I appreciate you giving it a try before!