Yeti Yeti Yeti Yeti by Dustin Covan

Tobben2111

Idk what to say :D I had slow internet so I couldn’t play it. But I was very curious because of the comments here. So I did link the game to some friends of me and ask them to tell me about the game. All the comments made me more curious and finally my internet was better so I could play it.  At least it was funny and interesting, especially because I did play it together with 5people so we did share stuff we saw. I think if made correct and keep the “wtf movements”, this could be something very interesting. But I would suggest that more happened in the beginning. Like the text boxes. Some ppl who was playing did the same again and again. So they just came back to the main menu. I think most ppl will quit playing that game because of that. Because they don't get it. We where more ppl so we could share stuff like how to not get back to the main menu. We are not sure if it is more to do after killing the boss. We did mess around and also went to the disco lol. But yea I  am looking forward to this. Sound interesting. But remember to let us feel progress so ppl don't end up quitting because they pressed “yes” and came back to the main manu. I have a feeling that this game could possible be so strange and unique that ppl talk about it and share it just because of those strange movements.

Oh and those black skulls remember me of something from bleach(the anime serie).

- Tobben

dustincovan

Idk what to say :D I had slow internet so I couldn’t play it. But I was very curious because of the comments here. So I did link the game to some friends of me and ask them to tell me about the game. All the comments made me more curious and finally my internet was better so I could play it.  At least it was funny and interesting, especially because I did play it together with 5people so we did share stuff we saw. I think if made correct and keep the “wtf movements”, this could be something very interesting. But I would suggest that more happened in the beginning. Like the text boxes. Some ppl who was playing did the same again and again. So they just came back to the main menu. I think most ppl will quit playing that game because of that. Because they don't get it. We where more ppl so we could share stuff like how to not get back to the main menu. We are not sure if it is more to do after killing the boss. We did mess around and also went to the disco lol. But yea I  am looking forward to this. Sound interesting. But remember to let us feel progress so ppl don't end up quitting because they pressed “yes” and came back to the main manu. I have a feeling that this game could possible be so strange and unique that ppl talk about it and share it just because of those strange movements.

Oh and those black skulls remember me of something from bleach(the anime serie).

- Tobben

Thanks a lot for playing and commenting, Tobben! That's really awesome that you got your friends involved in playing it and were able to share different things that each one of you saw to help each other understand it. I really appreciate you spreading the word on it like that!
I'm glad that you found it funny and interesting, and I will reevaluate the beginning to see what I can do to make it more understandable, and help people avoid making a choice that they don't want. I'm sure that can be annoying. Thanks for the input.
I'll have to check out Bleach and see these skulls you're talking about too! Sounds like something I might like! Thanks for playing!

dustincovan

In response to several players' input, I've updated the game to make the choices more clear, so that the player doesn't accidentally make a choice they didn't intend to make.

Thanks for the input, and thanks for playing!

NobodyX

Whoo! I went back to play the game, and I got to the end finally... I think. :p But it gives me the option to retry again so I don't know if that's actually the end.

One tip of advice: set the player's friction to 0 so he won't stick to walls and then, to me at least, that makes a big difference in making it feel a lot more professional.

dustincovan

Whoo! I went back to play the game, and I got to the end finally... I think. :p But it gives me the option to retry again so I don't know if that's actually the end.

One tip of advice: set the player's friction to 0 so he won't stick to walls and then, to me at least, that makes a big difference in making it feel a lot more professional.

Thanks for sticking with it! There are a few different endings depending on the actions you take, but it will always give you the option to keep playing until you're satisfied. So, the length of the game depends on the player. 

And about the friction, I had it where the Yeti couldn't wall jump before, but because of the larger size of the actor preventing the player from seeing the entire environment all at once, I felt like making it easier to jump up to the higher levels made more sense and hopefully led to less frustration. But thanks for the advice. I appreciate it!

And thanks for playing!