LAST XENOS FX

jffilion83

Hey =) I'm currently working on a ambitious project ; LAST XENOS FX. Things are going well and I'm progressing faster than I thought... I might have it ready for the Jam that's why Im submiting a teaser demo with a few screenshots.

A & D to move.
HOLD SPACE FOR WHILE WHEN NEEDED TO USE THE TIME SHIFT AND AVOID MISSILES.

LAST XENOS FX TEASER DEMO
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/18545

In the year 2178, The cycle has come to an end. Xenos is coming back to judge the humans.

A blend of shooter, action and puzzling fight mechanics is my goal with the engine.

This is quite ambitious but I wanted to know what you guys were thinking about the overall concept.

Input and suggestions are welcome =)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAST XENOS FX HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

ALL PSEUDO 3D PROJECT ARE ON HALT.

HERE'S A TRIBUTE FOR THE JAM 2013
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/18518

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 06:35:53 pm by jffilion83 »

gruffman

I cannot dodge those missiles, maybe I'm not meant to? Spacebar seems to make a noise and effect but can't tell what effect it has on gameplay.
Love the concept for sure, if you can finish it in time you should definitely try! Great sound effects and graphics. I have no idea how you move the ground like that.....
Now available for all Android Devices - Happy Face Concentration
My Games To Date
Find A Face / Hero Of Oda / Snakes And Ladders
Hungry Monkey available at fgl.com for Sponsorship
My site - Gruffgames.com

jffilion83

Thx for the reply. In fact maybe it wasnt clear the when you hold space, it will freeze time for projectile around your ship. The trick with the missiles is to space space right after the warning to make an evasive "timeshift" move like aliens do irl. XD

I got some video editor background for TV and special effects, that helps me a lot to simulate effects, I hope you enjoy the style. Im trying to make it feel a bit alive and arcadey feel.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:20:05 pm by jffilion83 »

dtrungle

puzzling fight mechanics

That does not sound right.  :P

theabbott

really cool!  The timing for the time shift mechanic could be a lot more forgiving, i wasn't able to dodge the missles and so didn't really get to see much of your game. It really does have that Coin-Op feel already though!  8)

jffilion83

Thanks for feedback. Yeah its mainly a teaser, with extreme difficulty. I didnt want the full content available