[Solved]inkscape Stencyl

Tobben2111

Not sure if I should post here, because it doesn’t fit with the “Your Creations” title. But I have a graphical question. I know that a lot of games here use vector or something similar, but I don't know that would work with stencyl. Making graphic like this:
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,21069.0.html.
 Just one example of many I have seen on stencyl with that type of graphic. So I downloaded inkscape and messing around with it. But when I upload svg image a lot of object disappear.

Example:

inkscape:

In stencyl:

For some reason I can't see all the object I made in inkscape. Did use the rectangles and squares tool without stroke.

So I need some tips etc. how to make it possible to use your inkscape image on stencyl. Don't even know what I should search for getting an answer.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:03:03 am by Tobben2111 »

gruffman

Save the image as a png, this should save the transparency you have in the original. Then when you load it into stencyl it should be as you want. try that and let us know
Now available for all Android Devices - Happy Face Concentration
My Games To Date
Find A Face / Hero Of Oda / Snakes And Ladders
Hungry Monkey available at fgl.com for Sponsorship
My site - Gruffgames.com

rob1221

Did you group all objects together before exporting?

Tobben2111

^Did group them togheter and save as png.

How can I change transparent color? Looks like I did something wrong.

Edit:

^ Getting closer. Did group together, export bitmap

- Tobben

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:38:13 am by Tobben2111 »

rob1221

Make the background alpha 0 so it's completely transparent.

Tobben2111

Thx for fast replay :) Looks nice :) the x2 version to the right doesn’t look that nice. In pixel art I made every line I wanted to be 2thick, 4thick because of the x2 upload. But I am not sure how to do that in inkscape. I know how I can change the stroke size. Hmm I will mess around with it :) Thx for helping :)

- Tobben

Hectate

There is a Fill and Stroke toolbox that opens when you go to the Object menu. This will allow you to apply specific settings to objects you have selected. The shortcut is Shift+Control+F.

Remember that when exporting to bitmap, you can either set the size directly or set a DPI and it will calculate a size for the exported bitmap. If you carefully construct your SVG at the proper sizes then the export process is much easier because it will already be correct. For example, if you create a new circle or square, notice that the toolbox has a "width" and "height" with numbers in it? Those are the actual pixel values for the object (at 100% zoom).
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Tobben2111

Oh, I see Hecate! :) That information make it easier when import graphic x2 in mind. I do like inkscape so far.
Tyvm:)

- Tobben