NeoCon TD

Dincicode

Hi all. I would like to introduce my first complete game - NeoCon TD

It took me quite a long time to make. Being an artist by profession graphics were not a challenge, however programming was quite a different story.

Link - http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/18679

Controls - Mouse Only

Short Story - Its the near future and having had used up nearly all their recourse the NeoCon army starts invading other countries. Fearing the NeoCons massive forces the free world decides to flee Earth. They establish a gigantic space station to where they intend to evacuate the remainder of the free peoples of Earth. Your mission is to stall the NeoCon forces long enough for the civilians to be evacuated.

Jon

Impressive work!

One bug is that the Upgrade 2 badges flash quickly and disappear for all turret types.

Nits:
- The cursor moves too slowly. For a mouse-driven game, this matters a lot.
- It would help a bit to have some feedback on the amount of health an enemy unit has remaining.

Dincicode

It takes a split second for the programming to deactivate the upgrades and towers that are not available for that particular level.

Jon

In that case, it would be more appropriate to show a grayed out badge (apply the grayscale filter) or to not show the upgrade window at all, so it's clear what the intent is.

Dincicode

I will definitely work on clearing that up, tomorrow.

noekintaro

Great job! First of all, the graphics are great. I think at this point you should pay attention to the game balance. It seems to me that the towers are not strong enough for such powerful units.

Dincicode

Thanks.

I have tested out every level personally and gave it to a few of my close friends the game is very difficult but by no means impossible to win. I did plan on making 11 levels but decided to cut it short as they were taking too much testing time to be made just perfect.

Tobben2111

Nice game and the graphics looks just awesome! :)

But it is way to difficult :o Spent 30min on lvl 1 and everything is upgraded to lvl 2 witch seems to be max. But still not close. And I do have money left over, but nothing to spend them on. I do love a difficult game, but kinda feels like that difficult level on the first lvl is way to high. But I will keep on trying, very curious how lvl 2 and so on are.

- Tobben

Dincicode

I have made the first 2 levels easier, the later ones should be easy once you get the hang of playing the first ones, plus there is a lot more towers and upgrades. I have also fixed what looked like an error where buttons would flash as available when they first appear. I appreciate any and all the feedback, thanks guys.

Here is also a walkthrough for the first 2 lvls from the previous harder version

LvL 1 version 1.0 Walkthrough - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEyTEubpyws&feature=youtu.be

LvL 2 version 1.0 Walkthrough - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je8_oP5Z7NY

theabbott

Bravo! This is just fantastic for your first complete game :) solid game play, I like the upgrades and units, the art is great too. My only gripe at this stage would be full screen as its hard to see the unit upgrade and turret type icons clearly embedded on the site. How long did this take you?

Dincicode

Bravo! This is just fantastic for your first complete game :) solid game play, I like the upgrades and units, the art is great too. My only gripe at this stage would be full screen as its hard to see the unit upgrade and turret type icons clearly embedded on the site. How long did this take you?

It took me close to a month, Ill still be upgrading the game every few weeks till its perfect. I started this game to showcase my art skills but if it get any cash I think Ill do a few more games. Thanks for the compliments.

theabbott

Nice, yeah definately keep at it! One month is very impressive. You should have no problem getting some sponsorship for this :)

Jon

I've been saying this to some others too, but I think the logo may be preventing the game from garnering more views. The other games I promoted to Staff Picks have around 500 plays now, while this is still sitting below 200 as of this post.

Dincicode

I've been saying this to some others too, but I think the logo may be preventing the game from garnering more views. The other games I promoted to Staff Picks have around 500 plays now, while this is still sitting below 200 as of this post.

I'm not sure what to do about it. Can you give me some suggestions?

Jon

Using in-game graphics tends to work well. Peek around the page for some examples.

http://www.stencyl.com/game/