Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Stencyl Book available now!

Innes

Update: the Stencyl book was published May 2013. For more details visit www.TheStencylBook.com

Hi all,

The Stencyl book that I have been working on over the past few months is only days away from being published. Rather than providing a lot of information here, I'll provide a link to the book's page on the Packt Publishing web site:

http://www.packtpub.com/learning-stencyl-3x-game-development-beginners-guide/book

The eBook and the printed version can be pre-ordered now at a 20% discount, and the pre-release version of the eBook can be downloaded now (you'll be able to download the final version at no extra charge).
My understanding is that the discount will be removed when the book is officially published, so be quick if you want to save some money!

The book will also be available from Amazon, from the official release date.

I should add that, although the book is aimed at Stencyl 3.x, the vast majority of the content is relevant to Stencyl 2.2.

When the book is published, I'll post an update.

See the posts below for a possible 40% discount (unconfirmed)!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:46:50 am by Innes »
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

Photics

Congratulations! It's hard to write a book!  :D
Michael Garofalohttp://photics.com – Author of The Interactive Stencyl Textbook 8)

rob1221

Nice, I'm sure this will help some of the new developers who aren't satisfied with existing tutorials.

gplar

Congrats, Innes!! Good job getting it out there.  ;)

dtrungle

nev

Congratulations! Given the commitment you are putting into your work on Stencyl - reading your posts and blog... - I'm sure it will be a good product! :)

Joe

Having served as a technical reviewer for Innes's book, I can definitely recommend it as a useful tool for anyone looking to get started with Stencyl or game development in general.

Congrats on the impending release!

dripple

Got the raw book and it added a lot of knowledge to the tutorials and crash course.
Sure, my games won't get better with all the new features of Stencyl.
But I do have more fun creating bad ones.

MayazCastle Keeper

Vigilence

Woot, finally!  Glad to see the book is nearing official release!

If anyone is interested, there is a 40% discount code for packtpub.com "bawdanu" (minus quotes) for those that a tight on funds. 

I'm really excited and hoping the book was worth the wait!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:56:46 pm by Vigilence »

Innes

If anyone is interested, there is a 40% discount code for packtpub.com "bawdanu" (minus quotes) for those that a tight on funds. 

Thanks for providing this discount code - I didn't know about it!

MeToo

Just bought my copy. About to tear into it! Glad to boost my Stencyl knowledge! Cheers!

rnyuu

Just bought my copy too :)

Cute Pet Balloons     Dungeon Escape

Innes

I think today may be the last chance to receive the 20% discount at the Packt Publishing web site!

[EDIT:Sorry, I was a bit premature with the above message!]

http://www.packtpub.com/learning-stencyl-3x-game-development-beginners-guide/book

I don't know how long the suggested 40% discount is valid for (see earlier in this thread for details)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:27:02 am by Innes »