Scene Change

Sindario1992

Heyo its again me :), I was just wondering if anyone could help me with one thing by showing how to do it or if there is maybe any tutorial out there. Basically what I am trying to do is when my actor go to secret level and in this secret level he is collecting "Power UP" just like in super mario and the actor is change to different one getting new ability to shoot but now when I come back from the secret level to my original scene I don't want to reset game again and come at same place I entered with powered up actor or at the beginning but not reset whole game. Thank you.

sonuvagun06

One way to do this is to make a copy of the original scene. Place your "powered-up" actor in the place where you want it to start the level. I'm assuming you know how to transition scenes, so: transition from the original scene to the secret level scene, and transition from the secret level scene back to the copy of the original scene.

Of course, if your actor has health and all that, it will be reset. If that's an issue for you, you could probably work around with the use of attributes.

jaybdemented

Your best bet is to put the x and y in a game attribute. Then in the create block set x and y to that. plus your power ups as well.