Stencyl Artist Trading Card (ATC) Swap! (Cards POSTED! Check latest posts!)

Strasteo

Mine are being sent off tomorrow. :]

almyki

I've inked and colored all the characters, and now I'm doing the backgrounds of all the cards tonight.  If Hectate ever pops in here, how are you doing?  You think you could use another week?  I don't mind either way.  I should be able to finish by tomorrow, but with an extension I'd probably spend the time redrawing a character (or two, or three XD ) that I'm not 100% satisfied with.  It's not that I don't like how I drew it, it just doesn't match the other characters as well as I'd like for a 'set'...  I'd probably also draw a simple logo I could put on the back of each card relating to the game XD . 

So many artsy things I must do lately =3 .  It's kind of delicious, but I'm realizing all sorts of bad habits about myself because of it.  I noticed when I'm working on something I feel is 'important', I avoid it because I'm afraid to mess it up; so even though I have like 3 deadlines or something coming up, I'll happily doodly completely unrelated junk and make some pretty nice stuff but still feel deathly afraid to touch my precious-detailed-Mona-masterpiece or whatever XD . 

<3 ali
dA |

Skills:  Drawn art, writing/story concepts, drawn backgrounds.
Preferred Games:  Visual Novels, RPGs, Simulations, Sandboxes, Dress-Ups
Current Projects:  Pokepet Eevee!

NobodyX

I've got 4 drawings done so far. I still need to create the last and then make them all into cards. I wouldn't mind another short extension.

I know what you mean about working on "important" things. I usually switch between thinking everything is important and not getting much done, or thinking that none of my projects are important and getting lots done.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 10:53:38 pm by NobodyX »

Hectate

I'm pushing through it whenever I have time. I had an hour or so yesterday that I worked on them, and I should have some time today - but not one of them is complete.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

BonBonBunny

I'm going ahead and sending mine out, since I've finished them this morning. n_n  If there does turn out to be an extension, Ali can just hold onto mine.

Chibicat

An extension would be nice :3

almyki

Okay, looks like one more week wouldn't hurt, but this is the last one guys ^_^ .  Awesome, Bridget, I'll let you know when I receive them!

Hectate, good luck with the cards, but you don't have to push yourself too hard if it's still really busy at work.  If nearing the end of the week it looks like it may take longer, it's okay to fall back on plan #3 and you can mail me your cards at a later date.  I don't want anyone getting overstressed because of this swap; it's meant to be fun after all ^_^ .

Ohyeah and PM me your addresses and such when you can, so I know where to mail all the cards when I get them X3 .  If you live outside the US, make sure to note that too, and your name so I make sure the envelope is addressed to the right person.

In unrelated news, my watercolor class swap has been even more scrambled than this one XD .  10 people in this group!!  But, I've finally collected one card from almost every person-Just ooone more to go XD !  And I only have one card left I have to give away.  I've got this little Yu-Gi-Oh card holder that I too the Yu-Gi-Oh cover out of, so now it functions to hold the cards I've made and collected, it's neat!

<3 ali
dA |

Hectate

Yea, we'll probably have to go with plan 3. It's not just work, just life in general. I haven't opened Stencyl up in about a month I think... bleh.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

almyki

That's fine, Hectate, just let me know whenever ^^ .

I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday or the day before, I had meant to ask how you guys were doing.  But I've had a really bad couple days and didn't end up much on the computer. ChibiCat has let me know she's mailed her cards, and I have already received BonBonBunny's a few days ago.

NobodyX, how are you?  Did you send your cards yet?

<3 ali
dA |

NobodyX

I finished them yesterday night, I just woke up and I am going to scan them then mail them right away.

Very sorry for taking so long, everyone. I wasn't busy, just procrastinating. Yesterday I realized that I'm insecure about my artwork (not these specifically, but just in general). And once I started thinking about that, then whatever force was pushing me away from working on them disappeared and I was able to get the last one done. So that probably has a lot to do with why I procrastinate on things in general.

NobodyX

Mailed.

ChibiCat has let me know she's mailed her cards,
Should be "he's" and "his." First Chibicat wasn't getting PMs and now this. I think I should send a virtual hug to Chibicat.

I couldn't find any individual sleeves, so I mailed it in a folded sheet of sleeves. One is a bit messy looking, the original idea was to make the lines a bit wild and misplaced to avoid it looking too rigid but instead it just looks rushed. I liked it regardless and didn't want to redo it considering I already had 3 other finished cards that I decided not to send. I hope it's OK.

Chibicat

Mailed.

ChibiCat has let me know she's mailed her cards,
Should be "he's" and "his." First Chibicat wasn't getting PMs and now this. I think I should send a virtual hug to Chibicat.

Somebody remembered, I think I'm going to cry. Nah, It happens so often that I stopped correcting people a long time ago, and it's the internet so it doesn't matter anyway. I think almost everyone got my gender wrong at least the first time. Lulz

I just realized that I have Expert Stencyler? It this an error or something, this cheap netbook must be playing tricks on me.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:28:29 pm by Chibicat »

Hectate

It's OK Chibicat - I feel your pain.

With a name like "Hectate" that I stole from a literature book (which contained portions of Macbeth) it's fairly common for people to assume I'm female because of the association with a Greek goddess "Hecate" (which was the name I stole, but misspelled also, lol).

Although, with the advent of common voice-chat in games and online it's become significantly rarer, haha.

Sometimes people ask if it's a version of "Heck Tate" from the To Kill A Mockingbird book though...
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

almyki

Oooooops I had no idea D= .  I hope I don't forget, I tend to do that...  I get mistaken for a guy online somewhat frequently too, it always feels a little weird when that happens.

It's okay, NobodyX, it looks like it's all good now so I'll let you know when I receive people's cards =3 .  I definitely know how that feels, with art, and with writing, and just about everything XD .  But art in particular.  It never feels like you're good enough yet.

<3 ali
dA |

almyki

I received Strasteo's cards yesterday, just an FYI.

<3 ali
dA |