Stencyl Artist Trading Card (ATC) Swap! (Cards POSTED! Check latest posts!)

almyki

Ngyaaahhh I was feeling like it was taking a long time for you guys DX !!  You're the Canadians, right?  I have no idea why it's taking so long, other than you being in Canada!  I haven't had the cards returned to my mailbox either, at least not at this point.  I'm sorry, I have no idea what's taking so long )= .

</3 ali
dA |

Skills:  Drawn art, writing/story concepts, drawn backgrounds.
Preferred Games:  Visual Novels, RPGs, Simulations, Sandboxes, Dress-Ups
Current Projects:  Pokepet Eevee!

NobodyX

You're the Canadians, right?
Yep.
There's nothing to be sorry about. I'm sure they'll arrive eventually. :)

Hectate

Just finished card 3 today and spent a little time tweaking one of the other two. These three are final, and I'm ready to be done with them, so here's my solution.

Everyone in the swap will be getting one of each of them - that's three cards per person from me. Since it's all computer artwork I just have to print enough for everyone - 15 total I believe? I hope to get them printed soon and mailed off. Cheers!
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

NobodyX

Hectate, sounds fine to me. :)

Although I have not recieved them yet, I wouldn't mind them being posted before I see them in person, considering they're taking so long. As long as Chibicat also would not mind.

almyki, if you want to PM the pictures rather than posting them on the forum, an alternative would be to upload them to something like box.net or imageshack (using an account) and then provide a link via PM.

Chibicat

Spoils the surprise but I rather have it posted then to hold everyone up.

NobodyX

We could always just avoid looking at them until we receive them in person. :p :)

Wow, I just checked that this thread was created March 14. This has been a loooooong time coming.

Hectate

Mine are printed and laminated now. I'll send them to the return address soon, this week if I have time.

I can post/link the images at pretty much any point.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

NobodyX

I just got the cards, except they're Chibicat's cards!  :o

I guess we'll have to mail the cards to each other now.

Well, they're very nice-looking anyway! And I guess as an added bonus we get to see twice as many cards than otherwise. :p

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:53:17 am by NobodyX »

Chibicat

I blame the dog sleds.

almyki

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghghgads;lkfjSD;ALKFJDSF;LASDKJFDAS;LK  DAMMIT CANADA DX !!  I mean I'm glad you at least received them, but asdkfj;l lfjas hooowww.  Did I switch the addresses by mistake??  If that's what it is, I'm sorry!  Ick-ack-ughkalskdjfa-

When I receive Hectate's cards I'm asking you guys to send me your addresses through PM -_- .  I probably threw away your envelopes by now anyway, andgods if I read one of your handwritings wrong that would have been a mess (more of a mess) OTZ .

How about this:  once everyone gets their first set of 4 cards, we can post up the pictures of the cards we made, including HectateHectate's cards will be mailed ASAP whenever I get them, but this way we can all share and chat about our cards together sooner.  OR if the Canadians want, whenever Chibicat gets (presumably) NobodyX's cards, they can mail them back to each other but since everybody has at least gotten a first-hand peak at the cards, we can all post the online pictures then. 

Yeah, this swap definitely took longer than expected =O .  I've tried a one-on-one swap (I mentioned before), and that went quite quickly and was lots of fun.  If we ever try to do this again, mayhaps next time we just try to pair people up into one-on-one trades since big group swaps can be unwieldy.  Speaking of, the person I traded with really liked her cards, she got them a few days ago:  [LINK]

As for PMing you guys your cards, I will see if my Photobucket is OK with these card sizes.  They are pretty big, the individual cards at least, so I don't know if it'll take them.  But I also made files of every person's cards put together, which I made normal-sized and web-friendly, so I can definitely at least PM those (and those files will be what I post on the thread once everyone receives at least their first 4 cards) . 

</3 ali
dA |

Chibicat

I just got Nobody's cards today, I will mail them before I got to work tomorrow. I thought that all entries are supposed to be traditional art?

almyki

Nope, the cards could be from any medium you wanted them to be.  Hand-drawn, collage, cross-stitching, digital painting, etc.. 

<3 ali
dA |

almyki

DUDES, GUESS WHAT. 

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS.

IT'S LAUNCH TIME.  TODAY.  O.  M.  G.

AND IT'S BEEN LIKE YEARS SINCE THIS SWAP GROUP STARTED.  DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS??

It means I'm going to stop keeping you guys waiting and just let everyone see how awesome we all are and what we've made.  =X 

It's the perfect time!  Let's celebrate and use this as an excuse to finally post everything up!  Permission granted for EVERYONE.  EVERYONE.  If you guys have better image file versions of your cards than mine, or want to gush or talk about your cards or other people's cards or anything, DO IT.  YOU TOO HECTATE.

(You can click an image to view in a new window.  A lot of them cut off in the forum page.)

BonBonBunny

ChibiCat

NobodyX

Strasteo

almyki

AREN'T THEY BEAUTIFUL??!?!?!11!1one!10  AMAAAZING!!!!!!!

I will refrain myself from babbling until other people have gotten the chance to see these cards and babble themselves!  Or something!  X3

<3 ali

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:07:46 am by almyki »
dA |

NobodyX

Epic428

Everyone's artwork is really fantastic, much better than anything I have ever done!

My absolute favorites are by Bunny, Nobody, and Ali. My compliments to Straseo for putting soo much detail into such a tiny space, as well as nobody. Chibicats sketch work is really cool, I like the spider out of all 5 of them.

Again, great work by every one of you, much better than what I can do!! :P
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs