Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Attribute Saving [Extension]

dripple

Great Extension,  you saved my life  Stencyl 3.1 no  load data must be a Bug, but your extension works
(Loading and saving data works fine for me using 3.1)

Great Extension, I will change my code to make use of your extension, as I have lot's of attributes I don't want to save (and don't have to)
Sure, my games won't get better with all the new features of Stencyl.
But I do have more fun creating bad ones.

MayazCastle Keeper

GeorgeN

Great Extension,  you saved my life  Stencyl 3.1 no  load data must be a Bug, but your extension works
(Loading and saving data works fine for me using 3.1)

Great Extension, I will change my code to make use of your extension, as I have lot's of attributes I don't want to save (and don't have to)

Yes, that is why I've made this extension. Saving all the game attributes was not usefull for me.  I'm glad that you will use it ;)

stmaddox

I downloaded and tried to install extension but when got to the part about selecting file to install, all the choices were grayed out and couldn't select anything.  I followed the instructions in the stencyl marketplace.

Any help?

GeorgeN

I downloaded and tried to install extension but when got to the part about selecting file to install, all the choices were grayed out and couldn't select anything.  I followed the instructions in the stencyl marketplace.

Any help?

What choices? Can you be more specific? Or provide a screenshot.

stmaddox

In stencyl, click settings, click install extensions, then find folder but am unable to select files to install.

GeorgeN

In stencyl, click settings, click install extensions, then find folder but am unable to select files to install.

I think you should select the .zip archive.

stmaddox

Thanks.  It seems that the files I downloaded were automatically unzipped.  I zipped the file and it installed.  Haven't tried it yet but will later.

davesubaru

I can't seem to install this extension with the Stencyl 3.1 Nightly Build.

Settings > Extensions > Install Extension > I pick the zip file and press open > Nothing happens.

GeorgeN

Settings > Extensions > Install Extension > I pick the zip file and press open > Nothing happens.
Not even after closing and reopening Stencyl?

davesubaru

Not even after closing and reopening Stencyl?

I checked Help > About, it showed 3.0.0 (b1000) as the stencyl version. Not sure if this is 3.1.
But I do see the import font from image feature added, assuming I have 3.1 now.

I tried closing the game, re-open, still cannot install.
If you have like 1-2 mins, could you jump on Stencyl chat, I can screen share (on web browser, no need
to install anything) and I can show you what's going on. Thanks in advance.

You can PM me "Dave" on chat.

EDIT: SOLVED
Had to manually move the extension file into Stencyl.
Thank you GeorgeN for walking me through the manual installation.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:50:45 pm by davesubaru »

rob1221

The extension installation problem has come up a few times before, but I don't know what causes it.  What OS are you using?

GeorgeN

The extension installation problem has come up a few times before, but I don't know what causes it.  What OS are you using?
Windows. It seems when the install option from stencyl is used there is no extension created in the extension folder. We did it old fashion by unziping the folder into plaf/haxe

davesubaru

Windows. But it was solved via manual file move installation.

rob1221

That's odd.  I'm using Windows 7 and can install that extension just fine with the toolset option.

GeorgeN

That's odd.  I'm using Windows 7 and can install that extension just fine with the toolset option.
Same here. Working good on xp,win7 and OSX.