RPG Tutorials For Stencyl?

NekoGirl29

Does anyone know of any good Stencyl RPG Tutorials?  :'(

There aren't that many and I've been wanting to make one for a long time. I have nothing against Sunrise Kingdom but his instructions can be a little hard to follow at times for me. Sorry :(.

I just want to know how to make an RPG with Stencyl without driving myself crazy trying to figure it out by myself.  :'(

Please? I really need some help here.

irock

You need to develop your logic and design-mode abilities to the point where you're confident enough that you'll be able to do it mostly on your own without major problems. Just make sure you know the fundamentals and over time you'll get to that point.

DariusSlayer

If it's your first game, never start off with an RPG.  Go simple with a platformer, and then make another platformer with new mechanics (leveling up, equipment change).

NekoGirl29

I guess I'm just over ambitious. Maybe I'll start with platformers and start small before tackling the big stuff on my list.

Thanks.

Tuo

Neko, an RPG is just a normal game with extra elements thrown in. If you want to make an RPG, first decide what type of RPG you want to make (turn-based, top-down, isometric, swords, guns, cards, etc.). Then, work on the base game first and expand from there. It IS possible to make an RPG even as a beginner... but only if you take it one step at a time (and don't give up as it's going to take MONTHS to make it).
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

irock

That depends on what kind of stuff you're trying to do. For example, earlier this year I made a neat turn-based battle system, but I wouldn't have been capable of that when I first started making games, or even when I first started using Stencyl. It took years of experience and knowledge.

Photon

Simply put, it can be an incredibly daunting task, even as a veteran. Not impossible, but certainly a huge undertaking. That's why it's typically advisable to start elsewhere and build up to it.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!