What is your favorite game .. ever ?

Sure there are some good games and even some great ones but there is one game ( for me atleast ) that stands out from the rest. A game which when you play it, you get transported into another world losing track of time and reality. A game that made you laugh, cry, think, feel ; for me that game is Persona 4:Golden. It is by far the best game I've ever played. At first, I used to consider JRPG's as odd/quirky stories that are well.. just ok. P4G made me believe that JRPG's can be pretty great, it made me believe games can be more than just something you play for sometime while you're bored. Games can change opinions, they can influence a person to change for the better. They can make you feel, love bits of data and care for them, P4G is also the epitome of game design; the music, gameplay, stroy, characters, settings and overall experience mix well, so well.. P4G makes you think about your life, how you view people, society, friends and family. P4G is the best game I've ever played and before I hype it too much ( too late, isn't it? ), I'd like to request you to take it for a spin. You'll thank me later.

tl;dr : Person 4 : Golden is the best game ever.

What's your favorite game ?
Zen - Newgrounds - goo.gl/fd4mU

Shoot me a PM or something..

lazyboygames

Wonder if anyone will say 'Call of Duty' ? :)

Blob

Call of Duty
paper mario, fire emblem, dark souls, wind waker

Call of Duty
paper mario, fire emblem, dark souls, wind waker
Paper Mario? How's it?

Manuel

It's a tricky question for me since I've got more than one game as a "favorite".

But here's some of them:
-Burnout 3
-Deus Ex
-Mirror's Edge
-R-Type Leo
-Metal Gear Solid 2
-Demon's Souls
-SimCity 4
-Paper Mario
-Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
-Kirby Super Star
-Mega Man Zero (All)
-Resident Evil 4

I still haven't played a Persona game yet, although everyone I know is saying that they are a blast to play, so I'm going to give them a shot when I have the time for it.

Game developers are the deities of the virtual realm.
Game Development Blog
Personal Tumblr
Personal Twitter

ICLHStudios

Majora's Mask.

To this day it has the best set of NPCs and sidequests ever made, the perfect balance of main quest and side-stuff, formula and variety, and challenges of skill and puzzles, the best dungeon in the entire series (Great Bay Temple), and a wonderfully cohesive and intricately designed world that flawlessly foreshadows gameplay advances in a way that makes every new item or mask an unparalleled triumph to get. It also has a great creepy/quirky atmosphere that is unlike anything else out there.

Also these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93C63lAEKwk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZTyCxbdok

Runners up are Super Smash Bros. Melee, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, and Donkey Kong Country 2.
Go here to begin reading my fantasy webcomic, updated every Thursday: http://fav.me/d674ji2

It's a tricky question for me since I've got more than one game as a "favorite".

But here's some of them:
-Burnout 3
-Deus Ex
-Mirror's Edge
-R-Type Leo
-Metal Gear Solid 2
-Demon's Souls
-SimCity 4
-Paper Mario
-Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
-Kirby Super Star
-Mega Man Zero (All)
-Resident Evil 4

I still haven't played a Persona game yet, although everyone I know is saying that they are a blast to play, so I'm going to give them a shot when I have the time for it.
I loved Mirror's Edge and I'm excited for Mirror's Edge 2 ( some leaks and all, maybe it's in production ) and I'll chekc out Demon Soul's this week because it's free on Playstation Plus.

lazyboygames

Oooooo Paper Mario. That game was my childhood. I am in a bidding war on Ebay for Thousand Year Door as we speak. I am gonna try to get it for $5

Unept

There are many, many games I have not played, but these games come to my mind as my favorite ever:

- Half-Life series
- Braid
- Sword & Sworcery EP
- Fez
- Barbie's Horse Dress-Up Fantasy Dolphin Rescue Adventure ;)
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

jaybdemented

Duck hunt.  I always try to shot tba dang dog for laughing at me.

Golden eye with 4 players.
WWE no mercy with 4 players.

fantom

Super Metroid and Metroid prime.
SSBM: it was my introduction to gaming in general.
Third age: Total war mod. I REALLY hope sega makes their own LOTR game someday.

Carrill

Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Fallout
Fallout 2
System Shock 2
Bioshock
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime
Shadow of the Colossus
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Resident Evil 4
Zelda games in general
Okami
Fez
Baldur's Gate II

yeah.... ALL the games!

rob1221

It's hard to pick out a favorite as I have a lot of favorites, but if I had to pick one I'd say Star Ocean: The Second Story.