Dungeon Crawler Shooter

GregAnims

Whats up guys, i'm making a top down shooter set in a castle. Basically blastin skeletons and stuff, grabbin loot and leveling up.

Quite basic but lots of fun!

I'll share it in this thread when its released. Check out my blog using the link below, cheers! ;)

Joe

Looks awesome so far. Glad to have you back! :)

BakerJr92

Looks like fun! I've always been a fan of top down shooters so I'll gladly check it out.

dtrungle

Looks great, glad to see you back.

GregAnims

Looks like fun! I've always been a fan of top down shooters so I'll gladly check it out.

Played Hotline Miami? My favorite game of 2012 - its amazing.

GregAnims

So i just finished a simple but cool behavior: adjust the FPS of an animation according to the velocity. I used it for this grenade..but you could use it for maybe a bicycle game, a marble rolling game or a characters run animation.

("animate with speed.png" is the actual behaviour for 2.2, just drag it into the actor behaviors screen and you'll import it. Make sure your actor has a long delay on frames like 10,000, and you can adjust timer for different FPS)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:14:12 am by GregAnims »

jffilion83

Is it Commander Keen ?

Nice job !

vikingpotato

I thought u were making 3d fps, nice to see this shooter getting completed..

Max Finch

So i just finished a simple but cool behavior: adjust the FPS of an animation according to the velocity. I used it for this grenade..but you could use it for maybe a bicycle game, a marble rolling game or a characters run animation.

("animate with speed.png" is the actual behaviour for 2.2, just drag it into the actor behaviors screen and you'll import it. Make sure your actor has a long delay on frames like 10,000, and you can adjust timer for different FPS)

Hey nice to see you back. I saw your post on your blog and came to see what you were up to. +1 with Rad.

mikeylow

looks very cool! Like how the explosions look :)

fillergames

I'm guessing you use the mouse to aim? If so, it may be hard to control on laptops.

GregAnims

Just released this trailer!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amNU9JiEQyE&feature=youtu.be

If anyone's interested i also posted a .gif of what is likely to be my next project in the "what are you working on" thread.

Please consider subscribing to my blog/youtube if you dig my stuff :)

This game was pretty fun to work on, i kept the level design tools super basic so i could make a lot of levels for it and have fun doing that.

MeToo

Hey! That looks great! Also it seems very clever about the grenade behavior.