The Greatest Book You Have Ever Read

lazyboygames

Just wondering what is the greatest book you have ever read. I am always looking to expand my collection.

It is hard to choose but if I were to pick the book that has most influenced me it would be "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by Ken Kesey.

The best series for me has got to be Harry Potter.

QCP

1984. George Orwell. Especially apt in today's always connected society.

ICLHStudios

The Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson.
Go here to begin reading my fantasy webcomic, updated every Thursday: http://fav.me/d674ji2

Hectate

1. Anything of the Discworld series.
2. Anything of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.
and many, many more.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

lazyboygames

I was at the bookstore today and they were selling the whole series in one book for only $18.00. I have always wanted to read it.

Since I am going to be a junior that is on my summer reading list

captaincomic

and many, many more.
Agreed.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is, if not the best, definitely the funniest book I've ever read.

lazyboygames

and many, many more.
Agreed.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is, if not the best, definitely the funniest book I've ever read.

Ugh...Now I feel bad about my purchase today at the bookstore. I got "The Story of Psychology" instead of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Oh well. Maybe next time.

jaybdemented

American gods. I have a hard time focusing when I read but this was one of the few books I could put down.  I finished it and love that book.

Meestar

The Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson.

Yes!  Amazing!  And what an ending!  But for me, my favorite book series is The Wheel of Time.  The writing is so vivid and the story is fantastic.  Too bad Robert Jordan died and Sanderson finished the last 3.  Not that he isn't a good writer, but he is definitely not the genius that was Robert Jordan.  I hear they're working on a game.  If it blows, I'll be soooo mad.
PM me if you require help.  I'm always glad to help out!

Joe

Absolutely this.

Meestar

1984 definitely is a good book that certainly has merit in today's society, what with satelite imagery and cameras all over the place.  The Complete Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy is another great series.  I'd have to also say that I enjoyed Piers Anthony's Xanth series if you like books with humor in them.  He plays off of puns to create great stories.

There's so many great books out there and such little time in life to really read them all.

lazyboygames

There's so many great books out there and such little time in life to really read them all.

That is so sad but with advances in modern medicine I like to think that I should get at least an extra 20 years of book reading in.

vikingpotato

I once ordered an workout machine from tele-shopping. It came in 126 different parts, and a big manual on what each part was and how to assemble the machine.. this manual is what comes to mind when i think about this topic..

Apart from that, a book i really liked was The good earth

Meestar

That is so sad but with advances in modern medicine I like to think that I should get at least an extra 20 years of book reading in.

It is sad.  It's depressing to go to a bookstore and see hundreds of books that you would like to read but know that you just don't have time to do it until you retire, and even then... Hopefully we can live just long enough to have read enough.

Luyren

Stephen King's The Dark Tower series. First time I got my mind blown by a book.
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.
Twitter