PixlWalkr's Art Tutorials

osiaslemuel

Hi,  :D
I would like to make a thread here to announce my weekly tutorials in my site. For now, I'm only making game art tutorials. Most tutorials are made using adobe illustrator, But inkscape users could also follow. I'm planning to convert my tutorials to other softwares soon.

Here's the tutorial list:

Tutorial 01 | HUD – Player Life

Tutorial 02 | Pickup Items – Coins

Tutorial 03 | Monsters – Slime

Tutorial 04 | GUI – Next/Back Buttons

Tell me if you have suggestions
I'm also accepting Game art tutorial request.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:54:44 pm by osiaslemuel »

SadiQ

Nice tutorials there, but...
If you aim your tutorials at people that just start doing their own graphics (as in people with no drawing experience) I would suggest using inkscape primarily, as not everyone can afford illustrator. I had problems drawing HUD elements, especially the sound and music buttons, so you could do something related to that if you ever have a chance. :)
Looking forward to more tutorials !!!
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

osiaslemuel

Nice tutorials there, but...
If you aim your tutorials at people that just start doing their own graphics (as in people with no drawing experience) I would suggest using inkscape primarily, as not everyone can afford illustrator. I had problems drawing HUD elements, especially the sound and music buttons, so you could do something related to that if you ever have a chance. :)
Looking forward to more tutorials !!!

Thanks for your suggestions, I will convert those tutorials when I got time.
I could do HUD tutorials again next week.

SadiQ

Also make sure you don't repeat what's on this site: http://2dgameartforprogrammers.blogspot.de/  as people will probably look there first.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

osiaslemuel

Also make sure you don't repeat what's on this site: http://2dgameartforprogrammers.blogspot.de/  as people will probably look there first.

Yea, That blog help me to get started in making vector arts for games, Thanks for mentioning anyways  ;)

SpriteAttack

Nice one, PixelWalkr.... Keep them coming... and I don't mind if they overlap things I have covered on my blog... It happens... and I have to admit, I don't check if there is something like it out on the web already. If I feel like writing a tutorial, I just do it... :) ... and thanks for the mention, SadiQ. After some time offline I am back writing tutorials. You might want to check out the new ones at 2Dgameartforprogrammers.

osiaslemuel

Nice one, PixelWalkr.... Keep them coming... and I don't mind if they overlap things I have covered on my blog... It happens... and I have to admit, I don't check if there is something like it out on the web already. If I feel like writing a tutorial, I just do it... :) ... and thanks for the mention, SadiQ. After some time offline I am back writing tutorials. You might want to check out the new ones at 2Dgameartforprogrammers.

Thanks for your suggestions dude, Glad your back on making tutorials  ;D .

aroncruce

im going to try this I need to become more familiar with illustrator!

osiaslemuel

im going to try this I need to become more familiar with illustrator!

Have Fun!  :D

osiaslemuel

This Week's tutorial:

Tutorial 03 | Monsters – Slime

Create a slime that can be used as a weak monster.
Things that you can learn in this tutorial:
  • How to make a monster
  • Creating a green slime
  • Creating Shadows and Light Effects
Commenting and following is much appreciated  :)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:40:18 am by osiaslemuel »

Raxos

Love your art style, I'd love if you could describe how you make backgrounds, how you add shadows to hills without making them look like s*it, and how to make a couple of trees.
There are so many programs out there than trying to get you to make it in the programs I use would be a waste of time, so some pro hints at using different methods would be the most useful help, thanks!
Rax.

osiaslemuel

This week's Tutorial:

Tutorial 04 | GUI – Next/Back Buttons

A quick and easy way to do a next and back buttons.

Things that you can learn in this tutorial:
  • How to make a Button
  • Creating Light Effects
Commenting and following is much appreciated :)

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:54:33 am by osiaslemuel »

SadiQ

A useful thing to do would be to upload the images you make to the forge. That way people can use them for quick prototypes without first drawing them, and you'd also get a little (or maybe a lot of)  promotion. Just my 2 cents :)
What's the next tutorial about?

osiaslemuel

A useful thing to do would be to upload the images you make to the forge. That way people can use them for quick prototypes without first drawing them, and you'd also get a little (or maybe a lot of)  promotion. Just my 2 cents :)
What's the next tutorial about?

Thanks for your suggestions SadiQ.
If I will have time this weekend(Hopefully). I could do a pause or mute button tutorial as someone asked me.  :D

mbuist

Nice. I need to practise my art skill.

Can you make a tutorial. for top down buildings. Like appartments and office. top view new york
Visit my arcade site - http://www.tincubegames.com/
Read all about my games at - http://www.tincubemedia.nl
Please follow Tincube Media on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/tincubemedia

As a final touch.. GOD created the Dutch