Miner Published!

coleislazy

Small update today: Added carrying capacity. Load up on ore, then sell it at the assay office in town! Also, some bug fixes and minor UI changes.

KAProductions

I love the game! I hope you add more to the game!
Hi I'm KingArthurProductions. Nice to meet you.

choas81

This is one of the best games!

coleislazy

New stuff today!

New interface for buildings in town (and your camp). You can hang on to your gold now, in the hopes that the prices go up. But be careful, prices could go down instead! You now rest at the hotel or your camp, although your camp will only restore some of your energy. You can spend your money on upgrades in town. I plan on adding more upgrades eventually!

Next up, hazards and health, and morale (or as I like to call it, "a reason to get drunk and visit the cat house!").

Thanks for all the positive comments! It makes it easier to keep going when I hit a snag!

Chrisis1993

AWESOME!!!
I really like the update :D
Just two minor suggestions:
- Maybe make the cursor hide after 5 seconds of inactivity
- Round up the cash you get from selling gold, now it's like 73.2750000000005 :P

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:25:33 am by Chrisis1993 »
▼IS AWESOME!!▼

coleislazy

Small update: fixed the gold value, added a lift to move up and down the mine quickly (use 0-9 keys).

coleislazy

New update!

Added a quick intro scene and some graphics to the start screen. Added the first hazard: cave-in! You can die, so watch your heatlh. Heal at the doctor. Surgury is more expensive, but only takes one day. Also, you can call the lift to your level by pressing C.

Enjoy!

KungFuFurby

Bug: Selling stuff also spits out a "Not Enough Cash" alert.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

coleislazy

Yeah, something broke it seems. I'm not sure why, I didn't change that system. But I shall investigate!

EDIT: Fixed! Thanks for letting me know!

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:56:41 am by coleislazy »

KungFuFurby

You're welcome. ^_^
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

Jon

I'm a bit late to the party, but I give this two thumbs up. Great job! I've added it as a pick, although it doesn't show up because it's marked as a WIP.

coleislazy

Wow, thanks Jon, that means a lot.

I'm working on cleaning up my code now that I've learned a lot more and adding some new features. I'm working on making the mine never-ending now by generating an unlimited number of additional mine scenes as you move off the bottom of each scene. Also want to add more hazards and additional types of earth to dig. Looking to add special items you can find in the mine (gems, fossils?) as well.

All the positive comments I'm getting on this really make me want to make this the best game I can. Thanks everyone!

Chrisis1993

After mining everything, all I could get was the two cheapest upgrades, the doctor took the rest.
Any chance you could lower the probability to encounter cave-ins and large rocks? I just got 3 in a row that's $300 lost. Maybe add some upgrades that can allow you to pick through the large rocks for a chance of getting a ore out of it, maybe lowering heal cost, maybe making the in/out fading act quicker, maybe skip saving if you died etc. :)

Bugs/glitches I've found so far (v11):
- Using one of the ore selling buttons disables the two other buttons until the window has been reopened.
- After selling ore or purchasing an upgrade, the window doesn't automatically close when you start moving.
- You can click the rest at camp button twice (quickly click again before it reloads) to fully replenish energy quickly.
- Cave-in while in elevator?
- After dying, the continue button becomes invisible, but you can still click it, in case you want to see yourself dead again. :P
- Clicking new or continue doesn't disable the other button.
- The three first tiles doesn't save.
- The three first tiles doesn't reset after dying and starting a new game.

Good work so far! Can't wait to see where this is going ;)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:19:13 pm by Chrisis1993 »
▼IS AWESOME!!▼

coleislazy

Thanks for all the feedback!

I've actually fixed a lot of the glitches you found already, but I'll work on the others for the next update!

I've also adjusted the amount of money gained from ore, and lowered the cost of healing. Also, lowered the chance to get a cave-in or rocks.

I'm trying to get some more hazards implemented for the next update, so these changes will come with that one. Again, thanks!

coleislazy

New update!

Fixed a bunch of bugs (thanks Chrisis1993 for finding some I didn't even know about). Lowered costs at the doctor, lowered the chance of hazards and rocks. Upped value of basic ore. New hazard: gas!