Miner Published!

I love this game, and the guy who created it.  :-*

I like the idea of music and a campsite upgrade as other people suggested. Oh, and I want more storyline to get to the wedding, mister.  ;)

coleislazy

Gee, do I know you? ;)

Update! There are now virtually unlimited levels to the mine! If you take the lift to the bottom of the scene, you can get to a new mine. Theoretically, the game can save over 4 million different mine scenes, but I haven't tested this. A cookie to anyone who can mine down that far.

Use the W and S keys to move up and down entire levels at once, and use the T key at any time to fast-travel to town.

This thing is nearing completion!

Gee, do I know you? ;)

Update! There are now virtually unlimited levels to the mine! If you take the lift to the bottom of the scene, you can get to a new mine. Theoretically, the game can save over 4 million different mine scenes, but I haven't tested this. A cookie to anyone who can mine down that far.

Use the W and S keys to move up and down entire levels at once, and use the T key at any time to fast-travel to town.

This thing is nearing completion!

Looove this! By the way, I don't like that it's near completion, makes me sad.  :(

Chrisis1993

Unlimited levels.. wow!! :)
Good job patching those glitches! ;) I've again found some more glitches, but atm I'll just mention the most critical one:
It's hard to tell exactly what happens, but the extended areas doesn't work properly yet. It seems like they save what you have discovered and what you have prospected and rocks, but tiles you have dug reset, and sometimes I think it share the same digged (can I say digged or is there a better word for it?) tiles in the area I just were in etc.. I can also remove the floor by the mine entrance by doing this:
1. Go to a lower area of the mine.
2. Refresh game.
3. Load, and you should start on top of mine with the tiles from the floor you were on when you quit.

Good luck debugging this :) Making a system for generating areas that can also save perfectly isn't easy, but the result is awesome when you've made it! :)
▼IS AWESOME!!▼

coleislazy

I know exactly what I did wrong. Will fix in the morning! Thanks again!

coleislazy

Okay, everyone, I need your help!

I *think* the game is complete! I know there's a ton of stuff I could add, but, honestly, I'm ready to move on to another project. I just didn't want to leave this unfinished.

I fixed some bugs and added an ending. What I need is for you guys to help me test it! Please specifically pay attention to the following:
  • Any glaring mistakes
  • Subtle bugs
  • Is the game to easy/hard?
  • Is the game too short/long?
  • Does everything save properly?
  • Do I just suck?

Thanks for all your help and support on this! I hope you all like it!

EDIT: I know there isn't any sound. I sometimes forget since my work computer doesn't have sound enabled. I'll look into my options at home.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:28:35 am by coleislazy »

coleislazy

Ok, I decided to just go ahead and publish this thing. It's not as polished as it could be, but, honestly, I'm getting kind of burnt-out on it. I'm going to be moving on, but I may revisit this in the future. Thanks for all your help squashing bugs and all your kind words! I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it!

Also,
http://www.kongregate.com/games/coleislazy/miner

chaosoul

Hooray! Congratz on Miner! You're a great developer and I hope to see more from you in the future. Also hope Miner will be as successful as it deserves to be! Wish you luck on future games. Is there Kong API in it?
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

AdventureIslands

This is pretty darn well done game, well done!

Got a lucky streak of gas, gas and gas and died, hah. Guess I just keep on trying.

What does upgrading helmet do though?

coleislazy

Thanks guys!

The helmet reduces the amount of damage taken from cave-ins.

coleislazy

Arg, I'm going crazy!

There is a bug where scenes won't save/load properly after you get down a couple depths. I can't figure out why, but it seems to be pulling data from the wrong index in my list. I've checked all the blocks that manipulate the list, but nothings seems to be wrong.

If any Stencyl people want to check it out, it is private on SF. Otherwise I'll probably find the dumb mistake sooner or later. The error must be in the Miner Manager scene behavior, probably in the Draw mine custom block, or in one of the custom blocks that sets/removes/reveals tiles.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:13:38 am by coleislazy »

Chrisis1993

That's what I tried to say here :P
...the extended areas doesn't work properly yet. It seems like they save what you have discovered and what you have prospected and rocks, but tiles you have dug reset,...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:49:52 pm by Chrisis1993 »
▼IS AWESOME!!▼