Pixel Town for iOS

Jump Button

Join Pixel Boy and Pixel Girl on their journey through the colorful and unique world of Pixel Town.

Pixel Town is a Puzzle/Platformer that takes full advantage of the touch screen to solve the puzzles and avoid dangers.

https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/pixel-town/id651367415?l=en&mt=8

Ps it say it for ipad as well but i didnt set it for that iphone and ipod only should it show that?

Photon

Since this is a paid app, you might want to give a deeper explanation of what the game is, does, and what have you. I'm not sure how this works, but if you'd like feedback from the community, maybe you could distribute a few promo codes?

That being said, from the screenshots, it looks like a neat game. Not sure though about using virtual buttons though (that's what I think I see, anyway).
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

Jump Button

not a fan of ads or saying somthing free with pay walls sure say if you taken on

X76HNJFAA9MJ
KHXKYT4A3KKR
LMREXK7AYWHX
RWKR47AFN7KF
7NM6MJJ4M3L9
F6H76JKKNPXJ

never been good with explanation I'am dyslexic so :/ any ideas what I should but will be of a help

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:07:09 am by Jump Button »

Photon

Took the top code. Will give my first impressions of the game in a little bit once I've gotten into it. :)

Also, it's a little thing, but you should capitalize your name as designer of the game so it looks more professional.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

Photon

OK, finished the game. Here I go!

Pros:
  • Most of the puzzle elements were nicely done. I think it was enough to stimulate the mind but it had the simplicity to it that many have come to expect from iOS games. You used those elements in a lot of different ways.
  • The graphics are WONDERFUL. 8) I have a sweet spot for retro graphics, I will admit, but the visuals were well-executed and beautiful. Particularly I thought the frilly pixel effect on the girl player was really neat.
  • The music was great. It meshes with the overall theme of the game too.

Cons:
  • Controls. I'm experienced enough with platformers to have worked around it, but the more casual audience will probably not be so forgiving. These are the issues I noticed:
    • You stop running when you jump and I believe vice versa as well.
    • Jumping against a wall slows your vertical speed (this is often due to actor friction).
    • The character is a little too floaty when moving left and right. I'd slow them down a bit more when not running, particuarly in the air.
  • Some things were not immediately apparent, like the fact that I could drag boxes around with my finger.
  • The levels are great graphically, but I would touch up a couple things like the help screen.
  • Start off on the right foot: put some music on that title screen and set the tone for the rest of the game! :)
  • The game ends too abruptly for my tastes. Maybe you should have some loose story... just a simple opening "comic book" visual with some opening music at the beginning of the first level and the same type of thing for the end of the last level. Just shooting straight to the credits screen kind of deflates the player's sense of accomplishment.
  • Maybe this is just me, but I felt like I wanted some more... like 12 levels didn't really do enough for me.

Overall though, a very solid effort. As it stands, I've give it a 6/10 right now. What's really holding that score back right now are those control issues. But seriously, I enjoyed it, and if you can touch this up (and maybe add a little extra level content), this game would be SUPERB. Despite the issues, you have impressed me, and I would really like to see you polish this game.

Jump Button

Well its not as long as i would like but when i try adding more it would just crash, and that why I cut any story i had but will try and put something in if i can.

irock

I took 7NM6MJJ4M3L9. I'll be sure to let you know what I think!

QCP

Hi,

I have taken code RWKR47AFN7KF. Will play and leave feedback soon. Thanks very much.

Regards, Phil.