Introducing Polygone!

AwesomePassword

Hello,

I am a 13 year old aspiring game designer. This is my first mobile game.

Polygone is a minimalist arcade action/puzzle with a simple mechanic. Slice through shapes of the same color to destroy them, and avoid the circles. The gameplay is easy to learn, but gets increasingly difficult.

I plan to release the game first on Google Play, and then see where it goes from there.

It is currently in development, but it is almost finished. I do need a composer to help produce the music, so if anyone is willing to help, it would be most appreciated!

Play the current flash demo here: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/19861

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:40:12 am by AwesomePassword »
~Password
===
Games:
-Tetra Factory - 80%

AwesomePassword

Log #1 - 6/23/2013
I've resized the game to 480 x 320. The reason for this is that it is a good universal size that fits most screens decently. Please tell me what you think!
~Password
===
Games:
-Tetra Factory - 80%

Photon

Hey, I like your clever game mechanic! EVIL CIRCLES, WHY U NO POLYGON?

I think the game could benefit from a slightly faster pace though. It feels a little too sluggish. The music, once you get it, will probably help too. What kind of music are you looking for anyway?
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

AwesomePassword

Log #2 - 6/25/2013
I've updated the game with HIGH RESOLUTION graphics, and polished up a few things. I also made it so that it told you which shape made you lose. In addition, the game is now a lot more difficult as I have increased the dropping speed. Maybe too difficult. It works great on touch screens, though.

Anyways, I've run into a small problem. There are many different size ratios for phone/tablet screens. I do want to keep the game the same on all devices, but that means that on devices with longer screens, there will be some blank spaces.

As you can see here, there is some leftover space on the top and bottom. What do you think I should do with it?
~Password
===
Games:
-Tetra Factory - 80%

AwesomePassword

Log #3 - 6/27/2013
I made the game easier, since I do agree that the game was much to difficult. I also implemented a difficulty growth that increases the speed of the shapes over time. In addition, I polished up some of the graphics, specifically the tutorial text.

Go ahead and try the game! :)
~Password
===
Games:
-Tetra Factory - 80%

GeorgeN

A 13 old with a great future in game design.

-the game is nice(good for mobiles/casual).
-I like the graphics(simple and clean).
-I like that score text(+10).
-maybe some combos/bonuses to spice it a little bit.
-I don't like the fade in effect in main menu(it takes to long).
-IMO you should make a high score value(you can stick it in main menu or whatever).
-maybe was a good idea to restart the level when you lose not to go to main menu(but maybe i don't like it because of the long fade in main menu).

AwesomePassword

Log #4 - 7/4/2013
This time, a major graphic update! I decided to go with a cleaner, sharper style.
~Password
===
Games:
-Tetra Factory - 80%

AwesomePassword

After a long while, The next update is finally up!

Log #5 - 7/11/2013
I added a pause button and polished the HUD again. But the real big change here is the graphical restyle. I removed the gradient and added small shadows to the shapes, as well as made other various changes. I'd like feedback specifically on the aesthetics and graphics of the game, and what direction I should take it, because I'm trying to finish that up.

I'm almost finished with this game, which is a great feeling. I've started a lot of ambitious projects before, but always got stuck and gave up after finishing maybe 60% of it, which is disappointing. All that's left is implementing a nice difficulty increase over time, High score tracking, and maybe some different game difficulties (easy, normal, hard).

I've also finally got a musician!  :) The game will be updated with music as soon as he's done making it.
~Password
===
Games:
-Tetra Factory - 80%

AwesomePassword

I released Polygone onto the Google Play Store a while back, and now it seems someone has stolen it.

My Game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.potato.polygone
Stolen Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamsavers.polygone

As you can see, their version is a blatant rip-off of mine. How can I report this?
~Password
===
Games:
-Tetra Factory - 80%

Kazetoon

It seems like another stencyler has stolen your app. here's is the link to flappy bee's thread, an app from the same developer. http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,28902.msg173250.html#msg173250
Little Drop - Try it out!

iphone/ipad Android
Newgrounds Stencyl Arcade Kongregate
Developer Website

Alexin

Nice catch. Both apps were "made" by Qubed Team.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

travisofarabia

Interested in seeing where this goes. Good luck.

GeorgeN

I think is a good ideea not to put your game on Stencylforge.

SadiQ

I think is a good ideea not to put your game on Stencylforge.

It would also be good if people would actually respect the All Rights Reserved  licence he had in there, but yeah, putting a game on the forge and making it public was not a good idea.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.