Easy RPG Creator for Stencyl 3.0 (ALPHA V0.3.4)

Siren Games

Hey Jon,

Yes actually.  My programmer, Chris, saw the post and asked me to post a response and I just hadn't got around to it yet.  But yeah, that's what we did and it's working perfect now (minus a few bugs on our end, obviously).

Thank you so much for your help.  We were honestly a little afraid we'd have to either drop the project or release it in a very disappointing shape. 

But all is well, thanks to you.  And we're back on track.

Jon

The way this works is that it latches on to Stencyl (loaded within the same Java instance), so you don't have to worry about Java being installed or not to use it. Pencyl is different because it's a standalone 3rd party app that doesn't latch on to Stencyl's runtime like an extension does (we ought to fix that at some point).

Exodor

I seriously need this right now. I want it ! XD

Siren Games

We're workin' on it, I can assure you.  Thanks for all the positive feedback.  I'll compile a list of current working features later today to update you guys.

charkeybeckles

I'm psyched!  I could use something like this!  Please please plz keep developing this!

Siren Games

Hey there everyone!  It's been a while since we last posted and we're terribly sorry about that.  We've been hard at work, however. Our programmer just recently finished his semester at college and so has had a ton of time to work on the Easy RPG Creator.  The Kit portion has been re-written from scratch to increase performance and user friendliness.  A lot of progress has been made and we've got a few new screenshots to share with you!

On top of that, we also have a special holiday announcement. 

A special alpha test will be available for those of you with Stencyl 3.0 by the end of the year!

We'd like to have it done by Christmas, but some of these features are rather complex and time consuming and we might not make it.

For those of you who are interested in the alpha, here's a list of features we expect to have for it:

For the Kit:
  - Pause Menu (can access both the item menu and the equipment menu from it)
   - Item Menu
   - Equipment Menu (complete with the ability to equip weapons and armors to characters)
   - Party Manager
   - Inventory Manager (Add/Remove items, weapons, and armors from player inventory)
   - Basic Dialog System (A more advanced one will be done at a later time, not entirely a main priority)
   - Chest System
   - Custom Resources (Characters, Item Icons, Tileset(s), and some sounds)

For the Database:
    - Item Creator
    - Dialog Creator
    - Weapon Creator
    - Armor Creator
    - Character Creator

*These behaviors that will be included with the kit are extremely technical and aren't being designed to be easily modified.  You can easily use the kit with your own games and behaviors and if you have the technical Stencyl know-how you're welcome to modify anything from the kit, of course.  We won't be giving any real technical support on how to add new features to the kit, but we may be taking suggestions for later releases of the kit.

FelineGaming

This looks fantastic! RPG Maker was always one of my all-time favourite pieces of software, so once this is out I'm just going to lock myself away and work away on a few full miniature RPGs from start to finish to release! This is a wonderful place for me to finally start developing and releasing my ideas! Thanks! :D

Siren Games

Thanks, FelineGaming.

This is exactly why we're making the ERC. Our game develooment careers also started with Rpg Maker.  Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement!

Siren Games

Pre-Alpha update!

Hey guys.  We've been hard at work putting together the kit for the ERC to allow you to dig right in and start making an RPG.  I wanted to give you guys a little sneak peak of what I'd consider a revolutionary little tileset I put together over the last week.  I'm calling it a textileset because of how it works. 

Here's an image of how it works.  The upper left tiles are transparent with a "texture".  Using Stencyl's layering scene editor you place one of the 100 colors behind the texture to give it life.  Each of the colored textures in this example are nothing more than the same transparent texture placed overtop of the color blocks supplied as a second tileset.

Check it out:

Here's a little screenshot of a neat little scene showing off a lot of the textures.  The idea was to make a tileset that works more like building blocks than a tileset.  I'll be adding a lot to this as well as showing off the characters over the next few days before the alpha release.

Enjoy!

Here's another screenshot of a recolor (done in the Stencyl scene editor) using the color pallette as a bottom layer under the semi transparent texture tiles. 

FelineGaming

Very nice- that's a nice adaptable idea!
Is it possible to use colours other than black for the outlines when uploading custom tilesets into this?
I love this idea! :D

Siren Games

Yep.  In fact, with the kit I've added several stone tiles with some added colored gems into them.  It works just like adding a second layer over the tiles, so you can make your textures anything you want.  You don't even have to make them transparent if you don't want, but you also won't be able to take advantage of the color options in that case.  There is now a third set of tiles for items.  This includes weapons, armors, tables, chairs, bookshelves, beds, etc.  All sorts of stuff to add to your maps to give them more life.  These item tiles can be placed over the top of the other tiles like you'd expect from a normal tileset.

I'm glad you like it.  A couple more days and you'll be able to test it out.

Corerupted

one thing im really exited about is the inventory manager guz i tried to make my own and its very complex  :(
============================
Corerupted
from WorldxLink
RPG/ Strategy Gamer
============================

Siren Games

The inventory manager is great.  Paired with the database filled with endless items and equipment your games can be extremely intricate now.  The inventory manager is also fully customizable with the right Stencyl knowledge.  You can convert it to act more like a bag system than a JRPG inventory menu using the ERC kit.

Photon

I'm interested in the database side of things. If that turns out well and has some flexibility to it, Stencyl may have just become A LOT more appealing for a particular game idea I have had.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

tabletop

what kind of battle system does this kit posses?