Easy RPG Creator for Stencyl 3.0 (ALPHA V0.3.4)

Siren Games

Unfortunately at this point, because we're trying to get you an alpha out (tonight) there's no battle system currently equipped with the kit.  That leaves the door wide open for you guys as developers to create whatever you want until we have a default system ready to go in the next couple months. 

However!  We plan on implementing both an action battle system and a turn based system in the future. 

Siren Games

Alpha Test V0.1 for Stencyl 3.0
Adfly Download
Pay with a Tweet Download

It's finally here!  You can download the kit using the link above.

Disclaimer:  Future updates of the ERC may not be compatible with previous data types meaning that an update may not be compatible with any previously made games using the database.  We'll try our best to avoid that problem, but we wanted to warn you not to get too carried away while testing the database unless you're happy with its current state.

Enjoy the database and the kit.  For help on how to install and use the database please see the Easy RPG Creator Wiki page!  - Help contributing to the page would be much appreciated once you've mastered the extension.

Thanks for all your patience and support.  Can't wait to get all your feedback.

For now, please message or email me with any bug reports.  Or head to our website:  http://www.siren-games.com and post a message on the contact page with ERC in the subject line.  If you have any questions feel free to post here as well.

gplar

Great!! The wait is over. Tried the install procedure, and got as far as testing. Then got this (Shot1). Am I missing something?

Really want this to work.  :)

Edited. Extension appears in Extensions menu, not in Settings-Extensions. :-)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:34:39 am by gplar »

Justin

You probably need to clean the project and run again. Run > Clean Project

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

gplar

;) Thanks, Justin. Blinded by eagerness.

Siren Games

Problem resolved it seems? Excellent. Glad to see its working so far.

Also, forgive the default mapping... our coder isn't exactly the most artistic Stencyler around, and in our haste I didn't get to put much in as far as the default game goes. We plan on having a small base game set up showing off several features for you to work from in the next release.

Thanks for testing!

gplar

We plan on having a small base game set up showing off several features for you to work from in the next release.
That would be great! So far it´s a bit of stumbling around in a darkened dungeon, you know there are all kinds of exciting things to find, but not quite where.
Congratulations, S G! This has the makings of a must-have-and-use extension!  ;)

Corerupted

Um it requires Stencyl 3 right? why can we run it in v2.?

I did actaully import it and the only error I get is attached

my bad i see now that they didnt add the red colours
in that piece every code block shines red

Behavior: Design_1_1_DatabaseInformationLoader at line 46
Access of undefined property nme.
        var item:String = nme.Assets.getText("assets/data/ERPGItems.txt");

Behavior: Design_1_1_DatabaseInformationLoader at line 49
        var weps:String = nme.Assets.getText("assets/data/ERPGWeapons.txt");

Behavior: Design_1_1_DatabaseInformationLoader at line 52
        var arms:String = nme.Assets.getText("assets/data/ERPGArmors.txt");

Behavior: Design_1_1_DatabaseInformationLoader at line 55
        var dialog:String = nme.Assets.getText("assets/data/ERPGDialog.txt");

Behavior: Design_1_1_DatabaseInformationLoader at line 58
        var chars:String = nme.Assets.getText("assets/data/ERPGCharacters.txt");

thats the error it gives if possible how can i fix this or what did i do wrong?

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:24:53 am by Corerupted »
============================
Corerupted
from WorldxLink
RPG/ Strategy Gamer

Siren Games

@Corerupted: We designed most of the system at first for 2.x because we didn't have a 3.0 license.  However, once we tried converting our work to 3.0 we ran into many issues, especially with loading data.  My coder read your response and said he'd take a look at tweaking a version to run with 2.x, but from what I understand, there's more to it than just that error.

Chances are that even if we fix that error there will be a whole slew of other issues.  I'll keep you posted on that. 

Don't quote me, but I believe that Stencyl 3.0 will be available to everyone at no charge once it's finished.   I've spent the last several months in a cave though, so I'm in no way a credible news source.  If it does become free, there shouldn't be much need other than old projects to every use 2.x again.  3.0 seems to be better in every way.... except the compiling screen.  Sometimes I fall asleep waiting for my projects to run.

Jon

The error you're hitting is one of the new features in 3.0 - the ability to easily pull in arbitrary data/files.

gplar

3.0 seems to be better in every way.... except the compiling screen.  Sometimes I fall asleep waiting for my projects to run.

Try starting the log viewer. Gives you something to watch.  ;)

Jon

The long wait time on C++ targets (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android) is caused entirely by the Haxe -> C++ conversion process (which ends up having to convert the entire OpenFL project) and a little bit by the subsequent compilation of the generated source.

For Mac, iOS and Android on a Mac, I eliminated 90% of the wait by pre-compiling OpenFL and the Stencyl engine source. On Windows, for whatever reason, this approach didn't work, but post-3.0, I'll take a closer look at it.

gplar

I´m on a Mac, so I just like to watch the process. ;)

Siren Games

The wait time isn't even that bad.  I was digging pretty deep to find a downside for 3.0.  That's the only thing I could come up with.  Ha ha.

Corerupted

Don't quote me, but I believe that Stencyl 3.0 will be available to everyone at no charge once it's finished.   I've spent the last several months in a cave though, so I'm in no way a credible news source.  If it does become free, there shouldn't be much need other than old projects to every use 2.x again.  3.0 seems to be better in every way.... except the compiling screen.  Sometimes I fall asleep waiting for my projects to run.

I am quoting you, got a problem with that?

Yes Stencyl 3 will be free when released but the question is when will it be released?
Corerupted
from WorldxLink
RPG/ Strategy Gamer