Kongregate ID?

thor6577

I made this behavior according the Stencylpedia aricle can u tell me whats wrong because when i tested it out it didnt work.

gigaclon

you need to use the setup Kongregate API block in the when created

thor6577

When i tested the scene, after i put the setup Kongregate API block in When created, it still didnt have any text at all.

Hectate

If the game isn't on Kongregate's server when you're testing this - nothing will actually show. Kongregate's API has to connect to the flash game for the flash game to retrieve the ID and other information, as well as to submit the scores.

Also, it's highly recommended that the Setup Kong API block be in a separate behavior that is launched as soon as the game's first scene loads. It's best to create a separate behavior for this. There are various reasons, but essentially, if you just set it up in the same behavior as the score submission, it tends to fail.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

thor6577

So i make a new behavior with only that block inside of there? And how do i make sure the API stup block launches before the name behavior?

Epic428

put it in the when created section of the behavior and stick the behavior on the first scene of your game.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

thor6577

thor6577

Plus, can u post a screenshot of a scoring behavior that tracks the score throughout a game beacause I dont understand the article in the stencylpedia even though i read through it.

thor6577

Please answer the second question if you know it.

coleislazy

You should make a new post if you have a question that isn't related to this topic.

What about the scoring article don't you understand? It seems pretty clear, but if there is a part you are stuck on, we can help you.