**ARTIST NEEDED 4 GAME COMPANY**

Hello, I am in need of a new artist for my game company: Creative Juices Entertainment. My main artist recently left, and I have a position opening up. I was currently in the process of making a game prototype and already have some arts made by the old artist that makes up the near-prototype I have today. I simply need a replacement.
Requirements-
1. Willing to work for profit share.
2. Understands that I in a sense "lead" the team. I represent the team, and I make the final decisions; but the team discusses anything before going forward.
3. Must be an excellent game artist-this will be a 2d game, mainly using 2d artwork until I start using 3d.
4. Preferably 4+ years of experience

If you are interested or have any questions, please message me, and we can go from there. I will post in the comments of this discussion when the spot is filled. I may accept 2 artists (1 concept and other the main artist). Thanks for your time.

RecoilKid

Thats a lot to ask from a "excellent" artist with "4+ years of experience" who surrenders their ability to affect the final decision. when all you offer is a profit share from a new user with no information on the actual game. Not to be rude but your asking alot and not really putting out enough value to entice the high value artist your asking for.

I also get the feeling this isn't an actual registered company.

thegenericbanana

Hello, I am in need of a new artist for my game company: Creative Juices Entertainment. My main artist recently left, and I have a position opening up. I was currently in the process of making a game prototype and already have some arts made by the old artist that makes up the near-prototype I have today. I simply need a replacement.
Requirements-
1. Willing to work for profit share.
2. Understands that I in a sense "lead" the team. I represent the team, and I make the final decisions; but the team discusses anything before going forward.
3. Must be an excellent game artist-this will be a 2d game, mainly using 2d artwork until I start using 3d.
4. Preferably 4+ years of experience

If you are interested or have any questions, please message me, and we can go from there. I will post in the comments of this discussion when the spot is filled. I may accept 2 artists (1 concept and other the main artist). Thanks for your time.

You're asking for an excellent artist with 4+ years of experience, to let you make the final choices of the game, and work for % share, while you haven't shown at all what you're capable of. Do you have anything to show you're worth their time? Also, you should state what type of art you want (Pixel art?), as although it's 2D there's different types.
Johnny Turbo's Surgery Frenzy

Yes, I do understand where you both are coming from. I may have not stated it correctly, but the artist will have a high opinion in all decisions that are made. It is, yes, an unregistered company. I am just starting out; this is my first game. The art would not be pixel art; more like a cartoony such as angry birds. I realize what I have to offer is not much. And details about the game will be shared once you want in.

I realize I can't offer much, and this job isn't for everyone. I have it up here if anyone is willing. If I can't find an artist, I'll just have to drop the project, so I thought I'd try. If you were worried about some of the requirements I may be willing to negotiate them. You just need to ask :)

Tuo

Are you old enough to own a game company? :P

Seriously, if you want to get serious people interested, don't use all caps in your title, actually write out "for", and show your portfolio. If you want someone with 4+ years of experience, show that you are actually capable of handling their expertise by being professional yourself.

Just some free advice.
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

@Tuo The majority of your advice is rather irrelevant and is honestly not worth addressing. I do not feel as if I have to justify myself for using an abbreviation.

But regarding more relevant matters, I do not have any portfolio to show, as previously stated. This is my first game. I only have a prototype for my first game, and to show it would be counter-productive, for the idea could easily be stolen.

Anyways, I do appreciate your feedback. And as I said in my last comment, this position is not for everyone, and I do not expect everyone to jump on it. So out of respect for me, I do ask that you would not ridicule me or my requirements, just because this job is not for you. Thanks for your time.

@Tuo And regarding your statement of whether I'm old enough to own a game company, although it is not officially registered, I've been managing for about 6 months now :) Whether I'm an old fart or a young person, age is not a huge factor in managing a game company, as long as you know what you're doing

vikingpotato

I've been managing for about 6 months now
Can you show us the game you worked on, it will help the artist make an informed decision.

Btw i don't see why you felt ridiculed bu Tuo's post, he just tried to help you by telling how the thread could have been more descriptive. I myself got a totally different idea by reading the title;
 :) How old are you anyway? I am 25.

Sorry I can't. As it is not finished, I don't feel comfortable posting it on the forum, and it could easily be stolen.

And yes that is true. I just did not appreciate some of his sarcasm, but yes, he did have some good feedback. I tried to be as descriptive as possible without revealing the game because the game play style I have not seen on the market before, and I don't want it stolen.

And regarding age, I'm not going to post that because I do not feel it necessary.

I'm open to more feedback, but I'd like constructive criticism, not picking me apart and without sarcasm. That'd be much appreciated :)

Tuo

Creative, people often act as mirrors. Sorry if my post offended; I'm just trying to point out that if you want a professional, act like one yourself. That way the mirror will give you what you actually want.
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

irock

Game ideas are generally worthless; nobody's going to steal yours. And no artist is going to team up with an inexperienced person with no portfolio to work on an unknown project for a percentage of the profits. Why?

1. Your first game is almost always going to suck. That's just how it is.
2. You have no track record for completing games. Most indie games are abandoned and never released.
3. You haven't demonstrated that you have any game development related skills.
4. You haven't shown or spoken about the game.
5. There are people who have finished games before, who demonstrate that they're good at game development and who publicly talk about their games. Those people are much more appealing to artists.

I don't mean to be rude, but you're not being realistic.

@Tuo Yeah you're right.

@Irock That's true, and I agree. And yeah I don't have any completed games because during my first one my artist left me. For development related skills, I've been using stencyl for about 6 months and have been game developing for a little over a year. I realize I don't have a terrible amount of dev skills, but I am positive I can get my game done. And regarding those who have finished games before, I do not have any to show. This is my first. And I can't pay for anyone to help do the art to get a first game done without profit share. And yes this is pretty unrealistic, so I think I'll have to drop the project for now.

But I do appreciate the feedback for later, though, and any more feedback is welcome. Maybe later I can rally up some money to make a first game with :)

Photon

Don't drop it. Make adjustments. Scale back and do something that is feasible for your current experience and situation. :)
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

irock

The best route is probably to make your own graphics and sound. That's what I started doing three or four years ago, despite me not being very good at either. Eventually, you'll get become good enough at both, or after releasing games and having something good to show, you'll be able to attract better musicians and artists. You don't need to spend money, especially on your first game.

@Photon Well, I do have another idea that could be easier to make. The one I am currently making will require many animations, and I do not have the skills to do so. So perhaps, if this is what you're suggesting, I should wait to finish my current game and work on another, easier one that will fit my experience?

@Irock I've thought of that, and that was my initial approach to game developing. I've never tried making sound, but when it comes to artwork, I can't seem to get the "special" shading down. By this I mean the little white mark or darker color on different sides of an actor, to give it depth and make it appear as if it is reflecting light. I hope that makes sense, but that is what I can't seem to figure out.

But I would like to try making artwork/sound independently. Anyone got any sites, tutorials, etc...? Anything would help at this point. If anyone could, I'd appreciate the steps from beginner, intermediate, to expert to learning art/sound. Like how to build my way up to being great at it, if that's possible. Thanks again for all the help and anymore feedback/help is welcome.