Scoring?

thor6577

The game is based on the Run and Gun game by Greg, so what behavior and in what part of the behavior would i put the add score block?

Alexin

I wonder if you have ever read the Intro to Design Mode...
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

mesmerize

just noticed mochiscores can't be integrated. I'm upset :-(

thor6577

I wonder if you have ever read the Intro to Design Mode...
Sry, i meant what behavior do i put the add score block in? (BASED ON GREG'S RUN AND GUN GAME, I DID READ THE INTRO)

thor6577

Nvm i got it i had to put the block in the Spawn actor after death thanks guys :D

thor6577

NOO its still not adding the points from the last level here is the behavior. tell me whats wrong please.

coleislazy

You said you wanted a score that persisted throughout the game and so we told you to use a game attribute. If that is not the case, you can use a regular behavior attribute, or set your game attribute to 0 in the when created block of the score behavior.

Sunflower

Gah, apparently you posted the same image twice! ^^'
And just to be sure: is this "Score +10" thingy working properly? If it is, then this screen doesn't have anything to do with your problem.

Are you sure there isn't setting Score attribute to 0 every time you go to other scene?

thor6577

Sry i thought i was posting 2 diferent pics. im stupid right there  :'(, here is the pic of the actual behavior and the ones that i posted before were in Spawn Actor Upon Death.

Sunflower

Apparently you just need to get rid of this "when created >> set Score to [ 0 ]" thing. You should set it to 0 only at the beginning itself, before any level.

thor6577

Ok, before you posted this i thought about that and figured out that instead of putting it in the when created i had to put it in the Add[Points To Add] block so thanks guys i really got it this time  :D

Sunflower

Wait... but putting "set score to [ 0 ]" in "Add points" thingy won't make score restart every time you try to add points? :o

thor6577

Nope it worked perfectly