Scoring?

thor6577

Can someone post a screenshot of the scoring behavior that continues throughout a game?

Darkhog

You just need to keep score as game attribute.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

thor6577

Can u post a screenshotof the behavior because this is what i have so far. (Sry for confusion i know what an attibute is )

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:05:46 am by thor6577 »

Alexin

Learn about Game Attributes.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

Sunflower

1. Go to Game Center.
2. Find "Game Settings" menu.
3. Find there "Attributes" tab and enter it.
4. Click on "Create New" button (which is on the right, just below the tabs bar, where Game Center tab is). Before that, you may want to check out "What are Game Attributes" buttons, which says that:
Game Attributes are global, persistent values that are suitable for tracking high scores, statistics and game save data.
5. Name it as "Score" and set as "Number".
6. Enter any behavior.
7. Enter "Palette >> Attributes >> Global Attributes".
There are blocks for getting and changing global attributes. Note that value of this attribute is kept between levels!

thor6577

Ok this is what i have so far is that correct? BTW. I am making a game based on the run and gun game what behavior what behavior would i do this part in stencylpedia for adding +50 points evry time you kill and enemy?

coleislazy

The game attribute "score" (the purple block) and the behavior attribute "score" (the blue block) are different things. You need to delete the attribute in the behavior and just use the purple game attribute block. You also need to replace the increment block with a block that is something like "set score to [[score] + [Points to Add]]".

thor6577

Like this? And if it is all i have to to is follow intructions for showing the score using draw text right?

Sunflower

Yes, block for setting score, as well as drawing it seems correct, though you need to use violet (Game Attribute) block in "Add Score" thingy, rather than blue (behavior Attribute) one.

Though now that I think of it "when created" block worries me. I'm just not sure if you want the score to be restarted every time scene begins. But if you want that, I think that's fine, then. O.o

thor6577

Where should i put the Set Score to [number] block? In always?

coleislazy

You only have to set it to zero when you want to reset the score. It will be zero by default when the game starts. The point of havig a game attribute is that it won't get reset between scenes, it is available to all behaviors, and can be saved.

thor6577

Ok, i tested it but its not adding the score. Why is this?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:09:18 am by thor6577 »

coleislazy

Did you put the green block to add to the score in another behavior somewhere? It doesn't know when to add the score until you tell it to.

thor6577

I couldnt find the green block. Where can i find it ?

coleislazy

Its under the "custom" category.