Tiny Guns - Wild West action platformer!

AdventureIslands

Okay. So I said I cancelled the game, but it seems like I managed to fix the crashing issues I was having. Maybe I resume this build of Tiny Guns after all.

Folks, do me a favor and try playing through both levels of the game and tell me what do you think of the current build: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/20094

I am mostly curious about how the difficulty level is, are the bosses too hard, should enemy HP be lowered. I am kind of liking the one weapon system the game has currently but I am wondering if there should be more weapons or different types of shots? I might return the dynamite throwing when I figure out how I could activate it on mobile without filling the screen with buttons.

Any feedback, all suggestions welcome.

gfalcaor

Cancel the game?????
NEVER!!!

It's too damn good for you to cancel it.

If you do, please do let me know!!
I am willing even to buy the source from you if you give it up.

Send me a message if you do think about canceling!!

Hope not!

Follow Me

kantieno

It is alright so far, it just isn't really imparting any real fun factor to me. This may be because it is a bit tedious especially when trying to deal with enemies who are a level above me. The jump time and height feels a bit strange so waiting between enemies fire to jump up and trying to hit them halfway up the jump is kind of tedious.

Things that could be changed:

Firstly, I would make the game over screen appear faster, having to wait 3 seconds for the game to transition to the game over screen, and then waiting two more seconds for the buttons to appear is rather frustrating.

I think I personally would enjoy it much more with having an upgrade system, more guns, and gaining gold from defeating enemies. But I suppose that is your choice.

I can't really give any advice on how to make controls better, because I typically don't like having z and x for shooting and jumping, though I know that is a rather popular control scheme. I would prefer if it had mouse aiming and I think think it would take away some of the awkwardness of the controls. But once again, I want to state that I just have an initial dislike for zx controls, so most other players might prefer your setup and I'm sure you have a reason for having it setup this way anyway.

I like the general style and mood the art and music conveys though.
Play my new game "Hidden Valley Ninja" here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kantieno/hidden-valley-ninja