Kongregate Sponsorship

joelbelo

Hello!
Im making a game in stencylworks.
It's almost finished.
I would like to have kongregate sponsorship, how can i do that?
If they accept, how can i add badges and the preloader they want?

Here is the link if you are intresested:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/joelbelo/warpy

Hectate

You need to direct your questions to Kongregate themselves, perhaps check their forums and FAQs for information. While we have a forum in the developer section of Kongregate, we are not affiliated with them directly.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

coleislazy

You must contact them about sponsorship, but be prepared to hear nothing back (they only respond if you are selected). Also, you do not pick badges, they do, but they pick them based off the data you share with them. So, if you hope they will make a badge for kill X number of bad guys, make sure you report the number of bad guys killed using the Kong blocks.

Fun game!

joelbelo

ok thanks.
just another question,
i have the game online at kongregate right now, but i dont have sponsor.
to get a sponsor i must delete it first?

Hectate

The sponsor would determine that. Essentially though, it's difficult to be sponsored if the game is already public. If it hadn't been made available to the public for long though - not been really noticed yet - you'd have much better odds if it were removed.

Sponsors like to be the first to market with a new game if they think it'll be big.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

joelbelo

but if i delete the game before asking for sponsor, doesnt have problem?

Hectate

I would think not, but they may ask if it's ever been previously published anywhere. It's not unusual for games to be released to a private group of beta testers, so that much is expected. It's released "to the public" that is what they want to know. Technically, if if not very many people played it, the answer would be yes, or perhaps "Yes, but only as a limited preview." would be a more truthful statement while assuring them that they're still the first to market with it.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

joelbelo

but, i have published only the unfinished version.
so if i say that i have published the unfinished version and then they sponsor the complete version.
may i have more probability to get sponsor?

Hectate

Oh yea, that's different. Lots of people release previews and demos. As long as they're getting new, unique content, they'll be happy in most cases. Good luck!
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

joelbelo

can anyone help to put a sponsor preloader in a stencyl game?

katana

Is the problem that they gave you a .swf or something?
One of the two expert stencylers to have done precisely nothing to earn their title... Oh damn, he did something and got promoted. I need to get to work. Until then, I'm unique?
<Katana>: Blob: back me up :c
<Stevetheipad>: what's the "move pen to" block?
<Blob>: irock you are wrong
<Blob>: it's 2 against 1 we live in a democracy

Jon

If you successfully snag a sponsorship (get a term sheet from the sponsor), we can help you with adhering with their terms. But until that point, you should focus on building out the game and getting the term sheet in the first place.

joelbelo

i have an trouble right now.
i have been searching and i found the game on lots of sites!
i only uplodaded  to kongregate how is that possible?

chaosoul

Yea... you have a problem..
http://www.mofunzone.com/online_games/warpy.shtml
http://www.digminigames.com/warpy/
http://www.qgames.org/game/warpy.html
This was just a quick search on google if you type in warpy game.
The best way to fix this is to go to each site and ask them to take it off by showing ownership of the game and put your name created by joelbo in the beginning in the next version and also site locking it.
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

joelbelo

can i make now a warpy 2 with new levels,etc, site-lock it and try to get kongregate sponsor?