Kongregate Sponsorship

Sunflower

Yes, I think you could try it and Kongregate wouldn't have any objections about it being publicly playable before.

Of course, you should do your best to make it as good as possible, and beta-testing is quite necessary. Sponsors shouldn't complain about game being played before by beta-testers, as long as it's not a big group. When game has been seen by 5-10 people before, it's hard to consider it as "publicly playable", isn't it? ;)

So yes, I think that having several beta-testers (testing a site-locked version uploaded to some sort of beta-testing area) won't make chances for sponsorship lower; in fact it should increase them, as the version sponsors get probably contains much less bugs!

joelbelo

so, what do you think i must do now?

Sunflower

Now? I think that you should work on game. After all, it won't appear miraculously from nowhere, will it? ^^'

After you make most (or even all) levels, you can publish them somewhere (e.g. on your site) as a closed beta. Closed, which means that only few people can test it, and no one else should see it anywhere. Also, site lock is required here, I think.

But now, make the game! If you want a sponsorship, you need to have something to be sponsored first!

joelbelo

when i finish the game, can i e-mail kongregate asking for sponsor and send the swf?

Hectate

Make the game first. Sponsorship second. Read Kongregage's sponsorship FAQ and articles for info if you must. Flash Game Licensing (the website) has neat articles too.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

choas81

Hello!
Im making a game in stencylworks.
It's almost finished.
I would like to have kongregate sponsorship, how can i do that?
If they accept, how can i add badges and the preloader they want?

Here is the link if you are intresested:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/joelbelo/warpy
To get badges you must have a 3.75+ rating. Then once you have that, ask Greg, or rawismojo to look at the game. (50% of games do not get achievments) Also, you must have a Kongregate API

SWATLLAMA

Agh, mofunzone has it? I used to play there a lot, long before I even knew about kong. Beware of mofunzone; they steal games. It would be good if you made your games exclusive to Kongregate, unless you wanted them on other sites. Back to mofun...

They have tried to steal rights from games, and I believe they've even stolen games and claimed they made them, but I'm not sure about this. The other sites.. I don't know about.

*EDIT* MAn I love this game! Explain to kong that the game was stolen from you, but that you'd like to get sponsorship for the full version! It's great :))))
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

joelbelo

i finished now Warpy 2.
im about to e-mail kongregate to get sponsor but i have a little question.
I e-mail kongregate and send the .swf file? or i must upload it anywhere...?

Sunflower

I think you should:
1) send them SWF file; this way no one else would steal it, or
2) upload it to your site with site-lock and all; they won't even have to open it from their disc and it'll save them a bit of time
the most recommended, 3) upload it to your site and site-lock it, then choose a few people you really trust, and ask them to test your game; a bug may make sponsors reject your game and once it happens, it would get much, much harder to get it sponsored later!
If all beta-testers complete the game and won't find anything wrong, you may e-mail sponsors then, but before that you should rather wait. Also, testers may have some invaluable suggestions. Don't lose that chance!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:49:42 am by Sunflower »

joelbelo

ok.
thanks a lot.
Warpy 1 was my test.
It was for the people test the game and detect bugs.
I have send the e-mail to kongregate and sended the .swf file.
i'll wait until tomorrow.
if i dindt get any answer, i will put in flashgamelicense
is that a right thing to do?

Darkhog

You can always send it to Armor Games - their conditions are better than Kong's.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

joelbelo

armor games dont have ad revenue...
and stencyl works fine with the kongregate API...
what i should do?
wait for kongregate forever?
try and send to armor games?
or flashgamelicense.com?

chaosoul

Agh, mofunzone has it? I used to play there a lot, long before I even knew about kong. Beware of mofunzone; they steal games. It would be good if you made your games exclusive to Kongregate, unless you wanted them on other sites. Back to mofun...

They have tried to steal rights from games, and I believe they've even stolen games and claimed they made them, but I'm not sure about this. The other sites.. I don't know about.

*EDIT* MAn I love this game! Explain to kong that the game was stolen from you, but that you'd like to get sponsorship for the full version! It's great :))))
A bit off topic but mofunzone has stolen rights from Louissi the creator of age of war 1 and 2 if anyone has played it. He can no longer create an age of war game unless he works with them http://interactive-pixels.net/?p=320 Though he has released a similar game that has different graphics
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

SWATLLAMA

Chaosoul, I heard that maxgames did that. However, the way I know that mofunzone has tried stealing rights is from Pseudolonewolfs comment on his games, I think it was raider 1 or raider 2. Yes, it was off topic, but I was just trying to warn him. Age of War 1 + 2 was good though.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

joelbelo

i have already submitted to flashgamelicense and now waiting for approval

EDIT: The game is now approved and as 7/10 rating?

Is that good?
Can i get a sponsor with that?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:58:31 pm by joelbelo »