The Evolution of Art

Wesxdz

When I first started designing games 6 months ago I had absolutely no idea how to design epic characters, building circle upon circle and square on square I slowly developed an idea of how to make the best looking art and I've finally reached the "Epic Point" where now my art is comparable to games like Kingdom Rush and Angry Birds.  Obviously they aren't completely as polished because I'm working out of my basement on a 4 year old computer (one time I even ran out of RAM while making a huge photoshop file and lost it all) anyways here's a picure below, The Evolution of My Art
I missed a couple stages and my last art kinda suffered because I tried to make the main character pixelated, no offense but I think pixelation is just a way for lazy people who suck at art to make ok to pretty cool graphics.

Hectate

no offense but I think pixelation is just a way for lazy people who suck at art to make ok to pretty cool graphics.
There are quite a few people that would disagree with you. While it is entirely true that for some people, doing a "pixel art" style is a "lazy" way out (and it's usually readily apparent due to the lack of quality), that doesn't mean that everyone is lazy for using pixel art. It also means that not all pixel art is easy; despite the implied thought you had there. There are many valid reasons to use pixel art...

1. Retro themed games are popular and would nearly require pixel art.
2. Low resolution screens (mobile devices) can take advantage of pixel art's compactness
3. Stylistic choices might dictate that some elements be pixel art-like (Realm of the Mad God is a interesting combination, for example)
4. Working within a restrictive limit can actually foster creativity.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.